Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
optimistic!

AAARGH!!!!!

Post by optimistic! »

Just had to say that, when will it be over...lol
chad

Post by chad »

Sometimes they just have an off day....... she may need a bit of a breather... a chill evening... just to clear her head. It is frustrating when you know they can do so much better. Good luck :D
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Good morning optimistic,

I don't think you're alone in this, at this stage lots of children get a bit jaded in practice.

I agree with Chad. Give her a break, either the day, or if you can bear it, the rest of half term. I know that it must seem that the exam is looming but it's still over a month away, so plenty can be achieved but she has to be in the right frame of mind.

I didn't give DS both papers in a single day. I know that some people recommend it, I just thought it too much in a practice situation. I had to trust that in the actual exam he could pull it all off.

You know your DD best, so you're the perfect person, to work out how to get her through the next few weeks and beyond. :D
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

[quote="mitasol"]Good morning optimistic,

I didn't give DS both papers in a single day. I know that some people recommend it,

Thanks Mitasol. We don't normally, she just does maths but then some days does the occasional VR to keep her hand in with it.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I hope I didn't sound critical! :shock:
I didn't give DS both papers in a single day. I know that some people recommend it,
It's not that I don't think it's a good idea. I just knew that in my DS case it would be counterproductive. :cry:

Just trust your instincts about the best way to motivate your DD! :D
Haze

Post by Haze »

Hi Optimistic. Just wanted to add my sympathy.

We had a day off yesterday, went to the cinema, went out for tea, forgot about it for a while. And today DS did the best VR paper he has ever done :D

Hope he's not peaked too soon :lol:

And also you know that, in just over a month, it will all be over. There will be absolutely no more anyone can do so no point worrying any longer 8)
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

mitasol wrote:I hope I didn't sound critical! :shock:
It's not that I don't think it's a good idea. I just knew that in my DS case it would be counterproductive. :cry:

Just trust your instincts about the best way to motivate your DD! :D
No Mitasol, you didn't sound critical.

I don't know what to do with DD, she did a bit of maths this morning. 7 out of 30 right. Ugh...lol.

It's only a month.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:Hi Optimistic. Just wanted to add my sympathy.

We had a day off yesterday, went to the cinema, went out for tea, forgot about it for a while. And today DS did the best VR paper he has ever done :D

Hope he's not peaked too soon :lol:

And also you know that, in just over a month, it will all be over. There will be absolutely no more anyone can do so no point worrying any longer 8)
lol, I think that with DD, what if her peak was last week.
Like you say it will all be over soon.