Is this possible?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
toy

Is this possible?

Post by toy »

I'm wondering if anyone has come across any situation where the council appoints HT either on the review panel or from a neighbouring school to carry out HT review where the relevant school does not promote 11plus.
Any similar instances would do.
Thanks
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Toy - sorry I'm not able to answer your question (hopefully someone else can) but I wondered if you'd had any further thoughts on your appeal. I seem to remember you were unsure how to proceed - have you been able to clarify things?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I would have thought most state primaries are not meant to be 'promoting' the 11+ as such.

I would be surprised if a LA offered a place on a review panel to a headteacher known to be hostile to the system - and he/she accepted!

In most authorities running a review system, I suspect the names of the review panel might not be published.
Etienne
katel

Post by katel »

but the whole point of the HT appeal is that it is submitted by the child's HT, who knows the child and can explain that the 'fail" was unexpected and can put forward proof to support this view. Not sure how a HT from a different school could do this.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now