when are the result letter due to reach us?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ciren mum

when are the result letter due to reach us?

Post by ciren mum »

Hello

I am ciren mum

I have only posted one message before but I have been reading the forum for a while. I was wondering what day we will get the results letters because the county web page says 21st November but I have also read 20th November somewhere (I think it was on this site) and I think the results came on a Friday the last time, didn't they?
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Good question
I do believe last year they came on the Friday but the date I have seen has been the Saturday.
chochamocha

Post by chochamocha »

some results came in the post on the Friday last year and others (like ours) did not arrive until the Saturday morning.

The delay was unfortunately taken by DC as an indication they hadn't passed, especially as several parents whose children received results and passed eg for Pate's brandished the good news at the primary school gates on the Friday, complete with balloons.

Not wishing to rain on anyone's parade it was great they'd passed but perhaps it was a little insensitive when some children hadn't received results or obtained results they weren't happy with.

Our DC were lucky enough to pass for Pate's, but as mentioned for some reason didn't receive their results until the Saturday morning. It was a long Friday night.........

Good luck to everyone sitting the test this year!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Thanks for that, that's cleared up the confusion. ARGGGG! I am scared!!!! I will be at work on Friday and not get home until I pick the boys up at 3.20 I don't know if I can stand the anticipation.

Is it very wrong to come home at lunchtime and steam them open, reseal and pretend nothing has happened??
Milla

Post by Milla »

No, EE, it sounds most wise and sensible - ironing has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum to mitigate against wrinkles. Hmm, first find iron...
as for the results, yes I was wondering that, too. The year before we got ours on the Friday - maybe they plan to send on the Friday this time so no one can phone on the day?

Great to see some new faces on the Glos forum!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Oh jinkies!! Don't say that Milla....what happens if they don't come Saturday!? I'd have to get the iron out !

Imagine waiting until Monday?? LOL
This speculation is insane!! :lol:
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

I read on one of the Gloucester Grammar school sites that their result date is Friday 20th but that might be the day they send letters out ( as some of your suggest.)

I looked back to last year and the year before that and both of those years had results arrived on Fridays with a few delayed ones on Saturday.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Come on, girls, we must be brave. Plus there's the massive ELEPHANT in the forum of THE TEST yet to be taken next Saturday. Gulp.
Mind you, having popped into the forum where they're asking which is the hardest region to do them in, I'm trying to feel grateful just to have VR, just to have the one morning of tests. :lol:
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Absolutely, imagine VR, NVR and maths!!!!! I would be more insane than I am now. At least we get to concentrate on one area (albeit contains maths and english).

I feel like I am living on a knife's edge now, trying frantically to manage the "what are you worried about?" comments from friends and family who just assume DS will walk it.

Roll on next Saturday, and then the next two weeks!!
:roll:
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

I feel exactly the same as you EE.

Where is your DS taking the exam?