St Olaves

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
when the process will end

St Olaves

Post by when the process will end »

What are the chances of passing the St Olaves exam if the child is in the top 180 in Bexley??

Could somebody throw some light based on experience??
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

I think you have to go for it anyway - it's all about what happens on the day. Also there is no NV, the maths is 1 hour rather than 50 mins and the English paper is a comprehension and a written piece. You probably know all this already, so I'm not being particularly helpful. As far as % go - I think a child will need to be in about the top 10% of marks to get in. GOOD LUCK - we will be trying for this one too. It sounds like it will be a chaotic day - potentially 1000 boys all taking the test at the same time!
Jiff

Post by Jiff »

I have two boys at St Olave's - one who was in the top 180, and the other was not. As you probably know, the St Olave's test is quite different from the Bexley tests. All of which to say is that from my boys' experiences, it's quite difficult to judge!

Very good luck to your DS. St Olave's is a fantastic school, but we are also extremely happy with Dartford for our DS3.
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

Just seen in the TES that the Head is leaving - don't know if this is old news or not.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Thanks for info regarding the Head as we were particularly impressed with him at the Open Day. Hopefully they will select a candidate with a similar ethos.
when the process will end

Post by when the process will end »

Jiff wrote:I have two boys at St Olave's - one who was in the top 180, and the other was not. As you probably know, the St Olave's test is quite different from the Bexley tests. All of which to say is that from my boys' experiences, it's quite difficult to judge!

Very good luck to your DS. St Olave's is a fantastic school, but we are also extremely happy with Dartford for our DS3.
That is very helpful. Our second choice is Dartford and we hope that our DS will make it based on his Kent score.