11+ EXAMINATION DATES FOR 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

guest6464

11+ EXAMINATION DATES FOR 2008

Post by guest6464 »

Hi,

The Old Parent Grapevine is doing the rounds as I have heard that this year (2007) primary schools may possibly be sitting the 11+ at the end of October/November? I spoke with the Local Education Authority who stated that no date had yet been set. Just interested to see whether any other parents have heard about this brought forward date?

Post by Guest »

I have heard rumours, but nothing definate. However, what I have been told by a tutor (and this is apparently a definate) is that ALL children in a class will be taking the test next year regardless of ability!!!!
guest1

Post by guest1 »

Have also heard this too and it was rumoured to have been 2007, although it never happened! It would make so much sense to take the test, get the results and then choose your school, as it used to be so many years ago!
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

I was under the impression that Bexley are reverting back to the old system for pupils taking the 2007 11+.

Everyone sits the 11+ in Bexley (unless they opt out-very rare), plus there are candidates from neighbouring boroughs and Kent. For the last few years you have needed to choose your schools prior to knowing if you have been offered a selective place or not,resulting in thousands turning up to the grammars' open evenings and all shuffling around the schools together! Then the long wait til March for your test result and offer of school place.

Let's hope there is a return to the old system! :)

11 + Dates for 2008

Post by Guest »

Whilst Medway are consulting on taking the 11+ in November, Kent have made no decisions yet.

One case being put forward is that now there is no first preference first system to discriminate against Grammar School applications, there is no need to change.