NferNelson

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

NferNelson

Post by Guest »

hi! what about Nfer Nelson's practice papers. are they all same every year,
i mean same papers are printed every year to buy from the shops or they are different. actually it is bit confusing because i bought a pack of verbal reasoning multiple choice practice test papers and it has got the picture of a giraffe on the front then i checked the website i.e amazon, smiths cet. they same wording in the front but different pictures for ex. galaxy. could somebody explain if i should buy the packs with exactly same titles but different pictures on the front.thanks.

any suggestions!!!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:hi! what about Nfer Nelson's practice papers. are they all same every year,
i mean same papers are printed every year to buy from the shops or they are different. actually it is bit confusing because i bought a pack of verbal reasoning multiple choice practice test papers and it has got the picture of a giraffe on the front then i checked the website i.e amazon, smiths cet. they same wording in the front but different pictures for ex. galaxy. could somebody explain if i should buy the packs with exactly same titles but different pictures on the front.thanks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I suspect they are the same - see if there's a copyright date on the back.

Post by 007 »

Hi,

My neice who is one year older than my daughter gave me her VR practice papers to look at.I had to buy some myself a year later because my daughter's VR test is multiply choice and the ones I had were standard.When I looked at them I found out the questions were the same as last years papers.

So be careful when choosing. :)
Y

Post by Y »

I checked with nfer when buying for my daughter this year. They have been the same for a long time; they used to be published as 'Cornflower blue', but now they seem to change the cover with each reprint, so don't assume you're getting anything different. (Remember, as well, that these papers don't cover all of the question types, so don't rely on them alone.)

Y

thanks

Post by Guest »

hi
many thanks to everybody for this information.its really useful. just one more thing, i have read these papers donot cover all questions and we need to practice something called HKNOS(!?) ect. could someone tell me what is it and from where we can get it please? thanks once again.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

NFERNelson show 15 question types, but the Bucks tests comprise 21 question types. Each question type has been given an alphabetical reference by the publisher IPS, and H I K N O S are the references to the types that are not included in the NFERNelson papers.

Here's a link to some more explanation by Patricia (VB guru)

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... .php?t=992

You can buy the IPS papers from this site.

Hope this helps

Catherine
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

HIKNOS are 6 types of questions NOT covered by shop bought NFER, but ARE included in the NFER tests are children have to sit in October!

HIKNOS are types identified by a publisher IPS. Publishers which include ALL 21 types are IPS, AFN, Susan Daughtrey[ONLY her Bright Sparks series, do NOT use her books 1-7]

Patricia

great

Post by Guest »

oh great piece of information. i am going to see demo right now :D .thanks a lot.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now