Sir Joseph Williams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ecstaticmum

Sir Joseph Williams

Post by ecstaticmum »

This is our first choice, but very worried as we live in Hoo 5.9 miles away!
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

The Admissions booklet gives the scores/catchment distances for the last 2 years. 5.9 miles looks likely to be outside, but that is on first allocation. No harm in putting first on CAF.
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

We're going to look this week too but are around 7 miles away in Rainham - too far I think.

We'll probably pick RMGS not just because of distance and score but for all sorts of other reasons. My only worry is we haven't been round either school yet as the open evenings only start this week. Won't be able to decide for sure until we have a feel of them.

It seems they both get great results, RMGS is more modern and obviously co-ed while the Math is more traditional.

Anyone out there have a child at either the Math or RMGS and care to say how they are getting on?
ecstaticmum

Post by ecstaticmum »

Thank you for your comments dadofkent and testbuster but The Math is our NEAREST!
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

You need to ask the school at the open evening, but if it's your nearest then I would hope you would get in, even if you had to go to appeal - which I hope you wouldn't need to. Definitely ask an expert, though.
jokiebe

Post by jokiebe »

any feed back about the Math School after tonights open night....... i didnt think it was a well organised as last nights open night at CGSB..... but its still top of my list!!
rainhammum

Post by rainhammum »

We were really disappointed with the open evening at the Math, we were rushed round and couldn't see the science rooms due to the volume of people, it was chaotic. There was no time to have a quick look after the headteachers talk either. No-one seemed interested in my son, it was as if they thought they didn't have to try to sell the school.

It was such a contrast to last nights open evening at Chatham Grammar.

:(
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

We were blown away by the Math, a fantastic school and my son seemed to fit right in straight away, getting on really well with the year 7 boys. What an amazing place.
Harry B

Post by Harry B »

rainhammum wrote:... we were rushed round and couldn't see the science rooms due to the volume of people, it was chaotic. There was no time to have a quick look after the headteachers talk either....
:(
I have to agree with this, we didn't have enough time to see everything either. My son was particularly upset that he didn't get to see all of the labs as science is his favourite subject.

I would disagree about the staff and pupils though. Plenty of them wanted to talk to us but we didn't have the time to talk to them.

Either way, it's still no. 1 on our list.

One worry for me - the number of people there tonight. The place was heaving! I would imagine they're going to be seriously oversubscribed
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

I imagine every boy in the Medway towns who passed was there tonight, plus those asking for a review. Who wouldn't want to have a look?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now