No Fishing on Saturday !!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stressedaddy

No Fishing on Saturday !!!

Post by stressedaddy »

A kind request, can this board please prevent people from fishing for information regarding the test as there will be re-sits for those who are unwell or anable to sit the test on Saturday. No doubt there will be some who'll want to get an advantage, and to ensure fair play, I hope the board deletes any posts that address the topic of the test and content of test.

Thank you (for what its worth !)
um

Post by um »

Thanks for that reminder - I do agree wholeheartedly.
za1

Post by za1 »

Last year, some moron (otherwise known as me) put up a post on here just after the Bishop vesey test mentioning a couple of questions my son found difficult. Luckily one of the forum administrators spotted the email fairly quickly and deleted it (and she rightly told me off as well). So it is a fair point to keep the exam details quiet until after the 2nd exam. Apparently some nutty parents deliberately don't sit the 1st exam so they can find out what is on the paper in time for the resit!! How sad is that???

On a lighter point....stressedaddy....relax ...... it will all turn out fine. :D
fm

Post by fm »

Sad but true. One of my daughter's class was rumoured to have deliberately missed the first exam. While she did not gain immediate entry, having been one point off, she did gain a place through the waiting list. Even one word of vocabulary might have made that difference and I know the rest of the class were discussing the exam on the Monday after the exam.

I would, therefore, advise your children to also keep mum in case there is a similar child in their class at school.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

We always intervene if we find anyone posting this sort of information on the forum.

Please don't hesitate to alert us if anything escapes our attention.
Etienne
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

This is relevant to us as my son is genuinely unwell.... sore throat, cough temp etc. I really want him to sit the test tomorrow as does he but common sense I guess must prevail and I will get GP's advice tonight.
I rang the Foundation office and was told the 2nd test is 16th Nov. This is problematic for us as Handsworth test is 14th so he'd have to sit 2 tests in close proximity. I also feel he may "lose the momentum" for KE, especially as all the children will be feeling relieved on Monday that it's over and he'll still have it hanging over him. My son himself admits he's feeling 65% his normal self... up from 50% yesterday but he really needs to be 100%.

Good luck, anyway, to all. Za1 is right we need to remain calm for our children's sakes. See you all on the other side!
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Clarendon i hope you son recovers today and is able to sit the test.

As i may be in the same predicament as yourself. My youngest 2 children have a fever, vomiting etc this morning my eldest who is taken the test touch wood just feels a bit tired at this moment. I hope and pray that she does not fall ill. As i am certain like you myself and my daughter would like to get the test over and done with. Worrying times indeed.
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Clarendon, here's hoping for a swift and speedy recovery for Master Clarendon, really hope he's able to get this one under his belt tomorrow, keep dosing him up!
Also football dad, sincerely hope the germs are kept at bay!
GOOD LUCK!
fm

Post by fm »

To Clarendon,

I really wouldn't send him in if he isn't 100% because I don't think you would later be allowed to sit the sick test, even if he broke down in this one, and the Foundation isn't famous for passing appeals.

I wouldn't worry in the least about the close proximity. If he is capable of passing KE, he will probably find the Handsworth a breeze and will enter the KE with confidence (in fact, possibly too much).

I would not send mine my child in unless she was 100%.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

I agree with FM, if your child is less than 100% then don't send them in. I do have my fingers crossed though that Master Clarendon makes a speedy recovery.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now