Phew!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

serialtester

Phew!!

Post by serialtester »

All was reasonably well organised at KEFW this morning, It will be interesting to see final figures for the number of kids sitting the exam this year.

My son went off a little bit nervously, but when he came out he was happy and pronounced the exam to be 'sick' :D He'd had a good chat with the other kids in his room and had a thoroughly enjoyable morning out!!

And after all that worry and everything too!

Roll on next Saturday!
mm2

Post by mm2 »

Hi
at least it's over.
DD struggled- won't talk about it , but said missed a lot of questions out in the last 2 pages.
Oh well - lets hope better prepared for KEHS exams.

good luck all

mm2
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi all,

My DS sat the test at Sutton Coldfield college. There were masses!!
He was nervous and had a little breakdown into tears last night ...so I was all nerves today. Every time my phone rang I thought it was to tell me he was crying and had to get him!!!

His response to the exam were- SOLID !!!Timing was really strict and apparently they had xx words in x mins!

Oh well frankly speaking I'm just glad its over and we're gonna put it behind us and move on.

Congratulations to all parents for making it through!!

FTM

specific details quarantined till after the 2nd test - mod
freddy

Post by freddy »

Hi all
mm2 - I know the feeling. My DS just said it was SO hard and all I've got out of him is that he missed loads out .... but won't narrow down what 'loads' mean !!!

Oh well, he did his best and that's all you can ask. Relieved it's all over now !!! :)
um

Post by um »

PLEASE PLEASE don't post info about the exam on here, as those who did not take it today will be taking it in a week or so, and unfortunately it is the same exam!

Please can a moderator remove info above about the exam content?

We were quite happy with how KES managed the exam. No horribly rude bouncer types with arms folded like at Castle Vale for the BV exam. My husband says the Deputy Head met them at the door and wished every child good luck, my son was taken in by an older boy (probably a 6th former) who was really good to him and took him to his room and showed him the toilets.
Surprisingly my son said it was easier than he had thought! but he may just be calling my bluff...he's playing with the school gerbils at the moment, that we have the honour of hosting for the weekend, and dosn't want to talk about it right now!

It's Over! My life is back! Oh happy day!!!

:D
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Firstly, thanks to everone who expressed concern for my son's health. He was much better and did take it this morning. He came out smiling but said it was hard some sections moreso than others. He tried his best and like everyone else we are relieved it's over.
Will give more extensive feedback after the 16th.

We're planning a cinema trip now to get out for a bit and then chill with X Factor later.
um

Post by um »

Glad your son was better Clarendon - I thought he would be too unwell but it's great that he's OK!
kevin8

Post by kevin8 »

Well it’s all over now and we are relieved that DS apparently has done well!! He said that it was much easier than what he expected. He has missed some questions but not many. He just completed small brief on the test but I’m not going to post it today but at a later date for the benefit of others.

Good Luck!!
BB248

Post by BB248 »

Clarendon - so glad to hear that you DC was well enough to take the test today.

Footballdad - how was your household this morning? I know you were concerned, too.

My DS took the exam at CH which was so brilliantly organised ( the contrast to the Castle Vale / BV experience was stark). There were so many staff members & boys on hand to guide / reassure / process the HUGE numbers.

Good luck to those too ill to take it today. Hope your waiting isn't too long

BB248
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

Aaaaargh!!! We have now had a wobble!! My son is worried because he changed the answer to some of the questions when he was 'checking' and he didn't use the rubber - he crossed out the incorrect answer and marked the (hopefully!) correct option.

Daughter number 1 very helpfully told him that those answers won't get marked now, which resulted in much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

However, Star Wars is now on and we're doing fireworks later so the teeth gnashing is slowly reducing!

Clarendon, I'm glad that your lad is better today :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now