and now for the neurosis...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EmeraldE

and now for the neurosis...

Post by EmeraldE »

Arggg, following the happiness of yesterday and DS having completed both papers AND checked a horrible thought has entered my head :(
He placed some 'light dots' to the left of the codes and words on the answer sheet in an attempt to rule out some answers as he worked them out. These dots were not beside the lozenge. He marked the paper correctly with the pencil line as direct. Is this making sense?

My worry: Will the scanner pick up these dots and think they are his answers and hence he will not have got them correct even though he marked the answer? Or does it 'read' only designated areas and marks outside this are not applicable?

Can anyone shed any light?

Sorry to bring down the mood with my hideous OCD fuelled anxieties :roll: :oops:
Teach

Post by Teach »

An OMR (optical mark reader) only reads the marks in the box. :!:
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Thanks Teach!!!
That's the answer I was hoping for!!
I did assume if there was a potential problem with this they would have been told not to mark ANYWHERE on the anwer sheet accept for the lozenge.

Can I relax now do you think??

:!: Now no-one else post anything contradictory or I might be forced to pull hair from my head by the roots!! :lol:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I'm inclined to agree with teach on this one. Otherwise I would have had to stop DS2 using his tick method to keep track of the questions he had already answered. I am hoping he did it yesterday but haven't asked. So many things you would just rather not know :lol: .

Roll on the 20th is all I can say.
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

Tolstoy, or anyone out there, why do you think it is 20th when we get the results?
We did discuss this before but didn't reach a firm conclusion.

The council website says 21st so why do some people think 20th?

Can anybody shed light on this? We need to know when to pounce on the postman, don't we?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

On the STR web site it says around the 20th. That kind of fits in with last year when we got the results for DS1 on the second Friday after he took the test. I didn't realise the council web-site said differently, sorry.

Did some get their results later last year I wonder and are the Councils giving the later date as a precaution?
ciren mum

Post by ciren mum »

Thanks for the prompt answer.
I really hope the results come on 20th rather than 21st.

I did look at the Tommies website and it does say 'around 20th' so probably the 21st date is to cover any late letters.