AE TUTORS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AE TUTORS

Post by Guest »

hi does anyone knows about AE Tutors in slough. they teach very intensively. i wonder if smeone knows about it and give any feedback?thanks
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Here's a quote of my previous answer to the same question posted in '11+ tutors'
We didn't use AE Tuition, so I can only say what I have been told.
It is very hard work (1 hour or more daily for the duration of the course) for children and parents. Parents are invited to attend the end of the lessons to be able to help with homework, and they mark the kid's work themselves.
The three kids I know passed.
No one else commented at the time, and I hope you will get more feedback.

Catherine

Post by Guest »

I'd be interested aswell. From what I've read it seems quite intensive, must say I'm surprised at how much more they need to know than what they are taught at school. Is that right? I had a look at some of the free test papers on this site and they are way ahead of what dd is being taught at primary school.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

The maths are much harder than what's taught at the beginning of year 6, or even the end of year 6. Some bits like algebra are only covered in year 7.

Overall the Slough tests require quite a bit of preparation.

If you are looking for a tutor, be careful. I have had a bad experinece and wasn't the only one. AE tuition is a safe bet, because they at least know what the Slough tests involve (incredibly, its not always the case).
From the accounts I have had, the whole family, child and parents, worked incredibly hard, but it may not always be the case for everyone. The Slough tests are very Maths based and some kids are more maths orientated than others.

It is also possible to chose the DIY route...