Rochester Grammar School and Townley Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
FM-A

Rochester Grammar School and Townley Grammar

Post by FM-A »

Our dd was successful in both Bexley and Medway 11+ exams. She finished in the top 180 in Bexley so therefore has a guaranteed space. She also scored 617 in the Medway exam so should have enough points to get into RGS. Our issue is in which order I should choose the schools. My dd prefers RGS but distance from the school may be any issue if it is oversubcribed.

My question; if we put RGS first but are unsuccessful due to distance from the school (we are Medway residents in Hoo) would she still be offered her guaranteed space in Bexley if we make this our second choice.

We like both schools

Your thoughts/comments are very welcome.

FM-A
FM-A
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Welcome to the forum FM-A. Firstly however let me correct you - RGS does NOT take on distance, it takes on score and with a score over 600 you would most definitely get a place offered there.
Therefore you ned to make a choice between your two schools and put them on your form in that order. If you put RGS you WILL be offered this. I cannot offer advice on any Bexley schools as no knowledge there.

Hope this is helpful and good luck. :)
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

If you come in the top 180 in Bexley, then you have a guaranteed space at the Bexley grammar of your choice.

Of course you may not wish to take it, if that is the case then put the other school first on the caf. If you don't get the first choice school you will still get the Bexley place.
FM-A

Post by FM-A »

Thanks for your comments/advice.

FM-A
FM-A
ThursdaysGirl

Post by ThursdaysGirl »

medwaymum wrote:Welcome to the forum FM-A. Firstly however let me correct you - RGS does NOT take on distance, it takes on score and with a score over 600 you would most definitely get a place offered there.
Therefore you ned to make a choice between your two schools and put them on your form in that order. If you put RGS you WILL be offered this. I cannot offer advice on any Bexley schools as no knowledge there.

Hope this is helpful and good luck. :)
I am with medwaymum, you will without a doubt be offered a place at RGS if you are in Hoo with that score.

The only time RGS use distance is if in the event that two students have equal ranking for the last place, priority will be given to the student who’s permanent address is nearest to The Rochester Grammar School, as measure by the nearest available walking route.
Thursdays Girl. :)
One World, One People, US!