What was in King Edwards exam this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

legaraal

What was in King Edwards exam this year

Post by legaraal »

For the benefit of we parents of year 5 children whose kids are going to attempt the King Edwards exam next November without the benefit of formal tutoring, are any parents of current year 6 children able to give any feedback on what was in this years exam(s)? I gather that there was a re-sit for those children who were sick for the "main" exam, I think that re-sit has happened now (today?). Any help much appreciated. Thanks
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

The "sick" exam is next week so you will meet a wall of silence till that's over!
legaraal

Post by legaraal »

Oh sorry about that, I thought it was today. If any parents can post any useful information next week after the re-sit, that would be appreciated. Thanks.
floozey

Post by floozey »

Are the resits over?

If so any advice, e.g. books, topics, etc for the KE exam /QM or Sutton Girls exam?
um

Post by um »

hello,
my understanding is that sittings for seriously ill kids or those just moved into area are still happening. because of that it may be hard to get info until february! but to be honest it was similar to last years - although apparently easier ! my son says queen mary's was harder.
bmukherjee

Re: What was in King Edwards exam this year

Post by bmukherjee »

legaraal wrote:For the benefit of we parents of year 5 children whose kids are going to attempt the King Edwards exam next November without the benefit of formal tutoring, are any parents of current year 6 children able to give any feedback on what was in this years exam(s)? I gather that there was a re-sit for those children who were sick for the "main" exam, I think that re-sit has happened now (today?). Any help much appreciated. Thanks
Edited by Moderator (Sally-Anne) - a little too much information if the previous poster is correct in saying that tests may continue until February.

THE CD FOR VOCAB BUILDER IS HELPFUL; SO IS THE FREE RICE SITE;
MATHS SEEMS TO BE OK

FILL IN WORDS WAS DIFFICULT

SPEED IS IMPORTANT AND MOTIVATION
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now