2009 english and maths papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chelmsford dad

2009 english and maths papers

Post by chelmsford dad »

just did these as a mock and my boy got 88% in english (the latitude and longtitude one) and 90% in the maths :D these massively exceeded my expectations as on the 2008 equivalents a few weeks ago he struggled and only the vr pulled him up to a respectable total.
so from worrying about scores on these two papers i am now worrying that it was an easier year :shock: (only six days to go before all the paranoia ends)
can anyone else shed light on the comparison of the two or am i missing the complex conclusion that he has just improved :)
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

He's probably improved! :D All the practice has to count for something. My own DS has improved over time too. I can't comment on the comparative easiness of each paper. Kind of doesn't matter now as our DC are as prepared now as they will be on Saturday. Great scores though! Way better than my DS on English. :D
Good luck!
chelmsford dad

thanks

Post by chelmsford dad »

on the 2008 paper for english (destructors) he got 64% :( so it was quite a jump , hes obviously improved in 3 weeks but maybe that was a touch harder aswell :) the unpredictability of 10/11 years old children - no wonder we soo stressed :shock:
essex-mum18

Re: 2009 english and maths papers

Post by essex-mum18 »

chelmsford dad wrote:just did these as a mock and my boy got 88% in english (the latitude and longtitude one) and 90% in the maths :D these massively exceeded my expectations as on the 2008 equivalents a few weeks ago he struggled and only the vr pulled him up to a respectable total.
so from worrying about scores on these two papers i am now worrying that it was an easier year :shock: (only six days to go before all the paranoia ends)
can anyone else shed light on the comparison of the two or am i missing the complex conclusion that he has just improved :)
Well done to your son!! Obviously, he improves every week as the exam is nearer. Maintain that confidence. :) :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now