Waiting time for exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
panichead

Waiting time for exam

Post by panichead »

Does anyone know how long after dropping of kids the exam actually starts? My daughter is doing hers at SHSG and I have heard there can be a long wait before they are actually sitting the test.
NOTLEY PARENTS

Re: Waiting time for exam

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

panichead wrote:Does anyone know how long after dropping of kids the exam actually starts? My daughter is doing hers at SHSG and I have heard there can be a long wait before they are actually sitting the test.
At Chelmsford the test starts at 1.15pm and the girls have to register at 12.45pm so its only half an hour wait before the exams start.

Take a deep breath....... :)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

NOTLEY PARENTS wrote:
panichead wrote:Does anyone know how long after dropping of kids the exam actually starts? My daughter is doing hers at SHSG and I have heard there can be a long wait before they are actually sitting the test.
At Chelmsford the test starts at 1.15pm and the girls have to register at 12.45pm so its only half an hour wait before the exams start.

Take a deep breath....... :)
Be prepared for overunning.The poor girls who took the exam in the main Hall weren't out from the morning session until 1.15.(my DD amongst them last year) Two years before that, also in the hall, they overan but not by as much.(first DD)

I wish you all sooo much luck and that your children do themselves justice.
But as you are all such concerned parents, I know they will do well regardless of the 11+ results.
Best wishes CM
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Im glad my DD is not in the main hall, we are in a classroom by the look of the map, same place as my eldest 3 years ago.
moved

Post by moved »

DD took her test at SHSG. They had to wait 30 mins for the start of the exam due to late arrivals. They suggest the girls take a book. DD was too worried to read, but plenty of others managed.

You queue up outside, get ticked off a list, go into a hall, pick up the relevant bits and pieces, the girls are then taken through a door and you leave.

At pick up time, you wait in the hall or nearby and the girls come out and join you.
panichead

Post by panichead »

Thanks for that, will have eaten my hands by the time she gets out :oops:
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

panichead wrote:Thanks for that, will have eaten my hands by the time she gets out :oops:
Take a packed lunch, may be a bit tastier than your hands. :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now