Variety Of Schools

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Do I sound like an adult?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:53 pm

Hmmm . . . Yes! Very suprisingly.
No votes
Hmmm . . . Nope - I can tell you're a child easily!
No votes
Don't ask me! I wouldn't be able to tell really!
100%

Total votes: 1

SilverGirl

Variety Of Schools

Post by SilverGirl »

Hi everyone :!:
I'm actually the daughter applying for the exams and I am using my limited time on the computer (only educational stuff :roll: ) to ask some questions about a variety of schools.
First, Latymer and Godolphin And Latymer (what a mouthful :!: ), around how many academic scholarships are they giving out - I hear there is very little this year - :?:
Second, how many academic scholarships for St Pauls :?:
And last, a question I've been longing to ask, how good are Putney High, Notting Hill And Ealing High and Harrodian :?: Just give me some sort of idea please.

Hana *** :wink:

[b] P.S. [/b] I hope a few people reply because I [i]need[/i] answers :!:

[b] P.P.S. [/b] Please correct any mistakes I have made, in your reply ([i]if[/i] I get any replies :!: )

[b] P.P.P.S. [/b] Furthermore, please rate my letter out of ten - via your reply - for vocabulary, spelling, knowledge . . . etc. etc. etc.

[b] P.P.P.P.S. [/b] OK, OK :!: I'll shut up now if I really have to . . . :x
Nou

Post by Nou »

As far as academic scholarships go the individual websites for the schools have the relevant info and criteria. Academic scholarships are extremely difficult to come by and rarely cover more than a proportion of fees.

As far as Putney High and Notting Hill and Ealing goes, they get great results. The BBC education website has a variety of tables to choose from in respect of these:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/le ... efault.stm

Judging from the posh parents for whom money was clearly no object I saw at the latter school last week, they are highly regarded.

Whether they are pleasant and turn out well-rounded girls is a matter of opinion...conflicting views depending on who you speak to.
SilverGirl

Post by SilverGirl »

Thanks for the info! :D

Ill check out the site!