format of SW Herts VR papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

*** CONFUSED !!! ***

format of SW Herts VR papers

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Please forgive my ignorance, and for this late question, and also if it has been posted elsewhere within this wonderful forum, but hubby just asked me: can anyone 100% confirm which type the SW Herts (Watford) papers are:

ie. Susan Daughtrey or Nfer or other ?

Cheers people :)
Knowledge is power

AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I don't think they are of any one particular type but they have been standard format for at least the last few years.

Have a look at the sticky at the top of the Herts forum for more details.

Alison
Posey

Format of SW Herts VR Paper

Post by Posey »

Hi, The sticky refers to the format formerly being Moray House and then switching to NFER and I'm not sure now what format they take. I've looked at the sample sheet they've sent through with the exam time and there was only one question type which I'd not seen before. My DD has done the SD Bright Sparks papers (standard and multiple choice) and some of the NFER papers. I think at this stage the DC can either do it or they can't. They will get 30 minutes familiarisation on the day........not much I know but better than nothing. :?
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Hi Posey and AlisonR

Thankyou to both of you for your responses.

Both of you were helpful in your own ways with your advice and information that you offered.

I really appreciate it :D
Knowledge is power

Snapper

Post by Snapper »

I called the admissions office for Queens several months ago and they said it was Multiple Choice, but then when I got the sampel papers last week it clearly wasnt ! So I called again and they said they werent sure ! so best stick with the advice in the sticky. We have done practice on both Multi Choice and standard, though my lad is more confident with the MC papers unfortunately.

Good luck for Saturday anyhow - we are at Bushey Meads test centre.
Richard
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Hi Snapper

Thanks ever so much for your input ... I really do appreciate it.

Best of luck for your DC this Saturday.

These poor kids : so much pressure, and no guarantee at the end of it : this system DRASTICALLY needs modification ! (IMHO)
Knowledge is power

AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

I'm guessing that these are the same samples we got last year (the first question on the VR has the answer QUICK, yes I have kept the samples :oops: ).

It is such a stressful time but I do think that the parents feel it a lot more than the children, well I certainly did last year.

I do think the system needs an overhaul but I don't the problem is the tests per se, the problem stems from the perceived difference between the "top" and "bottom" schools in our area. Until this gap closes whatever system is in place will always be harsh for somebody.

Good luck to all the children taking tests over the next few weeks. I hope you all have the final outcome you wish for.

Alison
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now