Number Crunching!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PrettyWoman

Number Crunching!

Post by PrettyWoman »

This may have been done before but can we pool numbers on this thread for information.

How many grammar places are there in the county, broken down by school? How many children sat the test at each school?

Then we can work out the over-subscription rates!

Places available, excluding appeals
Pates - 120?
STRS - 108?
The Crypt - ?
Denmark Road - ?
Ribston Hall - ?
Marling School - ?
SHS - ?

Number sitting test
Pates - 586
STRS - 236?
The Crypt - ?
Denmark Road - ?
Ribston Hall - ?
Marling School - ?
SHS - ?

Just distracting myself while waiting for the postman :wink:
I used to be plain, but when I married Mr Pretty I became PrettyWoman and now have 2 Pretty children!
gloucsdad

over subscription rates

Post by gloucsdad »

I see what you mean but I think you need to look at those who haev registered for each school not justwho sat the test on teh day because some of those who go to STR may have sat teh test at Crypt but registered for STR - also for Pates, if you see what I mean.
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

Yes, but each child was only in 1 place on the day so we will know the total number of children. I have asked for info from 4 schools but DS1 sat at Tommies so he is part of the number there.

If we know total interest and total places, taking out multiple ticking, we know how oversubscribed Goucestershire is as a county. Not worried about individual schools at this stage. That'll come out in the wash with all the movement between now and March!

Only thing we won't know is how many were ill and sat the test late but it probably won't be that many.
I used to be plain, but when I married Mr Pretty I became PrettyWoman and now have 2 Pretty children!
susiesue

Post by susiesue »

RH and DR did not give the numbers of pupils sitting
Ruby Tuesday

Post by Ruby Tuesday »

Information from Marling is that 360 boys either sat the test there or registered to share their scores with them. Of those 360 the qualifying score of 216 was reached by 225.
What I dont know and couldnt find out is what percentage or number of these did sit at other schools so were more likely to go to them.
Still, evry little helps I guess.
confusedrow

Post by confusedrow »

Ruby Tuesday wrote:Information from Marling is that 360 boys either sat the test there or registered to share their scores with them. Of those 360 the qualifying score of 216 was reached by 225.
What I dont know and couldnt find out is what percentage or number of these did sit at other schools so were more likely to go to them.
Still, evry little helps I guess.
I think that as 250 took at STRS and probably the same amount of boys at Pates ( if you took half the total as boys). It is probably a good generalisation to guess that the same amount were at the other two schools. We know that a lot of parents tick more than one school (it would be good to find out percentages here). Therefore I think it would be safe to say that a lot of Tommies places will not be taken up by those whose preference is other schools and who qualified for them. The big question is how many and will this leave spaces (albeit on appeal) for the nearly made its. It would only take about 40 boys who passed for STRS to decide to take up places at each of the other three schools. (Am I niaive in thinking this might happen) My son was 1 off for Tommies so I think it may still be possible to get in on appeal from what I have read. All this number crunching - not sure I'd get in and I'm a teacher!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now