VR Paper - out of time

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
panichead

VR Paper - out of time

Post by panichead »

My daughter was distraught at not finishing the last four questions on the VR paper. She has never run out of time before and is convinced she will now fail. She said the maths was easy english ok and VR she could answer but they took her longer which is why she didn't finish it all. Is this normal? She has spoken to all her friends and they had the same trouble - in that they could answer the questions but they took longer to work out and ran out of time.

Some comforting advice would be really appreciated right now - thank :oops:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hi PanicHead,
i hope one day you are able you change your name to ...say "peaceful head". :lol: :lol:
Do read the threads below about Saturday's exam.I think you will find lots of comfort there. :D
panichead

Post by panichead »

I should change my name really as I panic about being panichead - lol

Where can i find the links - not very technically minded !!?
KM

Post by KM »

Please don't panic. My dd sat the 11+ 2 years ago and found the VR much more time consuming than the practice papers. She always finished her practice papers with at least 10 mins to spare and only just finished the actual test in time (I think with a few guesses at the end!) When she came out of the exam she thought she had done badly but she is now in Y8 at CCHS!
moved

Post by moved »

My DD also came out of the exam convinced that she had not done well enough to pass. She is also at CCHS now. Stop panicking, start smiling.
panichead

Post by panichead »

Thanks for that - cheered me up no end !! Really appreciate the replies :lol:
KB

Post by KB »

Already posted this elsewhere but in case it helps....
Child of a friend missed whole page of VR few years ago & still got place at Essex 'super-selective'. :)
chelmsford dad

re the verbal reasoning

Post by chelmsford dad »

this was probably my boys strength going into the exam and he told me he only completed 76/80 , guessed 2 at eth end he wasnt sure on and 2 he didnt have time to look at and he would usually complete it so i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of children found it tikme consuming and didnt finish it all - he found the english quite tough and the maths ok - only 3 1/2 months to wait now :cry:
panichead

Post by panichead »

By all accounts there were quite a few children who didn't get the VR finished and found the English tough. It's such a long agonising wait now but at least my daughter has perked up - she's more interested in the X factor now :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

panichead wrote:By all accounts there were quite a few children who didn't get the VR finished and found the English tough. :lol:
So does this mean you are no longer "panichead "? :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now