Last years admissions re STR

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tolstoy

Last years admissions re STR

Post by Tolstoy »

Last year 263 passed for Tommy's. I know the cut off mark was 220 rather than the usual 210 so does anyone have information on how many boys were refused a place even though they had succeeded in getting the required score?

I have used the link Gloucestermum put in the sticky ( thanks Gloucestermum :) ) and it says there were 36 appeals and 24 were uphealed.

It says the 24 were on non-selection which I don't quite understand as I know of at least two successes where the boys had already passed so it was actually on over-subscription.

Also do they start taking people off the waiting list before hearing the appeals or do they have to wait until the appeals are over?
capers123

Re: Last years admissions re STR

Post by capers123 »

Tolstoy wrote:Also do they start taking people off the waiting list before hearing the appeals or do they have to wait until the appeals are over?
Other way around.

As soon as places are declined after March 1st, they will start offering places from the waiting list. They might wait at first until they've got enough spare places to offer all the children with equal ranking a place, so do it in steps.

They can, and do, carry on offering places from the waiting list until the school / admissions authority are given the list of successful appeals once the appeals are complete. Then they will have to wait until the role is back to the Indicated Admission Number before the waiting list moves again.

The two processes are separate and work in parallel. On the panel, I have known appeals that we've already heard be withdrawn as a place has come up for that child in either the school the appeal is for or another school they were waiting for. We know nothing of position on the waiting list - we do know the score of the child but that does not necessarily mean that they are on the waiting list!
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Good that is a positive at least. 4 appeals were withdrawn last year so that is probably why.

Thanks Capers.