Hampton Boys

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Thea

Hampton Boys

Post by Thea »

Hi - can anyone recommend a tutor with experience and knowledge of Hampton Boys' exam?
Many thanks,
Thea
Best Regards,
Thea
mam

hampton

Post by mam »

I really would not worry. Are you in the state system? If your son is a definitive Level 5 for math and english you won't need to tutor. We never tutored our son and he has had an interview, justing waiting for an offer. A bit of VR practice would be helpfull but I presume from your location you will be doing that anyway for Tiffin.
Thea

Post by Thea »

Thnaks mam - good luck!
Best Regards,
Thea
londonmia

Hampton School

Post by londonmia »

My son was one of many from his state school who applied to hampton 2 years ago. It is a favourite locally and increasingly in demand. They offer more interviews than they have places so that is not necessarily a guarantee. Sorry I don' t think Level 5 is enough. Mine was, as was many of his classmates. He had a tutor who not only understood Hampton requirements but was also able to give interview advice. Do not underestimate the importance of the interview - we know boys who did not get offers afterwards. His tutor has a waiting list of a couple of years so this is probably too late for you but I strongly believe that , unless he is particularly bright, if you want to be ahead of the game you should get a tutor.
Thea

Post by Thea »

Thank you - just shows how things move on fast in this game and the stakes get ever higher!
Best Regards,
Thea
west london

no need to have a tutor??

Post by west london »

Hi. My son, in local state now, has an offer from Hampton. No tutor at all. He only studied with me along.. only for 4 weeks. If you spare 1 - 1.5 hour a day for your son, I am sure that he passes the exam. Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now