Pates - school start and finish times

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

EmeraldE

Pates - school start and finish times

Post by EmeraldE »

Hi, Just a quick Q really
Anyone know what time Pates starts at in the morning and ends?
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

they are supposed to be there about quarter to nine, finish at three thirt five. It is usually nearly four before my son gets out !!!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Thanks PM

How on earth does he get all the homework done?
Think if we were using public transport DS would not be home till almost 5pm!!!!
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pushkin

Post by Pushkin »

I was told that there are lots of children that arrive around 8am, with an official start of 8.40. There is a breakfast club. Children are allowed in school at all breaktimes and lunchtimes - on PCs, library etc. At some schools we looked at everyone had to go outside. The library is open from 8.30 and closes at 4.30 (4pm on a Friday).

Does anyone know how often reports are sent home? and how often Parents eve is held? I heard at Tommies that reports are every half term, is Pates similar?
Pushkin
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
gloucsdad

order grades

Post by gloucsdad »

What are order grades from STR?
Do they tell you the order in the class? What if you are bottom 5 in quite a few? Is that good for self esteem?

I must have order grades wrong - maybe they are banded to be top of teh class band and bottom of the class band. Actualy, is that better?

Maybe it isnt that at all!

What is it? Sorry to be dumb!
Milla

Post by Milla »

no, it's their own place. For five order grades, you get what they have attained and then this traffic lighted against their individual expectation - green for ahead of target, nothing for on target, amber for slipping, red for OMG!! We got about a quarter of each last time round. Come the final report, in the summer, you get a written piece (horribly like old school reports "if DS1 spent less time making the class laugh and more time remembering his homework..." etc with the exam result and the placing within the class from 1-28th. Doesn't do them, or you, any harm to know this!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Milla wrote: with the exam result and the placing within the class from 1-28th. Doesn't do them, or you, any harm to know this!
Hi Milla

I am just curious is the placing purely on the exam results or their performance over the year?

B
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Milla

Post by Milla »

just the exam results! My boy had no idea what revision was, how to do it, anything!