11+ Kent Test Results in Today's KM - how schools perfomed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sherry_d

11+ Kent Test Results in Today's KM - how schools perfomed

Post by sherry_d »

If anyone is keen to find out how their local schools perfomed ie how many kids wrote the 11+ and how many passed its in the kent messenger today (my local one anyway) but the news doesnt seem to vary that much. They obtained these details under the freedom of information act

And I am well pleased with DD's school, the kids did very well (not sure if I should give the school some credit). They smashed some very well know popular schools and I am :lol: . The school has been average and we have a new headteacher who seem to be really pushing the kids a bit more so its really encouraging. In total 26 passed out of 41 who sat the exams making it a 63% pass rate compared to last year when it was 43%. Fingers crossed next year its even better when DD sits hers :D

On a sad note in my area Maidstone, Malling and the weald of those who took the test only 51% passed this year compared to 60% last year
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thanks for letting us know. Will try and get hold of Kent Messenger today. But do you think the percentage of those who sat it that passed it is significant in any way? Anyone can sit it, so perhaps this year more took it who were not likely to pass it than ususal.

It would make a good 11+ question!
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Great. Is it also available online as can't get to the newsagent in time..?

Thanks
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Villagedad wrote:Great. Is it also available online as can't get to the newsagent in time..?

Thanks
VillageDad I tried searching for it on their website and didnt find it. Any lucky? I guess they want people to buy the paper...The kent messenger is normally in the newagents for about a week so you have until next thursday to get it...

In my area they werent any suprises save for DD's school. :D The schools that lead the league tables were the ones leading the scores again for 11+.

And I just have to moan about one indie we have here, just rubbish and I really wonder sometimes why people folk out that money when they dont perform. I guess they want to keep them so they continue to the senior school and get more buck. This indie is bad even the GCSC and A levels...maybe just people with money flowing. I love indies if i had the money BUT just not this one and it bugs me all the time why people choose it and they actually had 38kids sit for the test (no wonder they want to leave as there have a secondary school)
jingle

Post by jingle »

I think the only way to read it on line is to sign up to the digital on line thingy on kentonline website. There is a free 7 day trial!
We have the gazette in our area, and it is not in there! Would be interested to look at this info for the canterbury area if it is available anywhere.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I have scanned and posted the newspaper scan , BUT it did cut the end bit with an explanation of reading the results it should read

NOTES:
Column A - no of pupils taking the kent test
Column B - no of pupils who passes
Column C- number of pupils in year 6

Sorry the other bits I scribbled in the % of some schools I was trying to spy on how well they did :oops:
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

Does anyone know where the rest of the schools are as this list only appears to be Maidstine bound and I would be keen to know if there are other lists around for Sittingbourne schools
red_debs
jingle

Post by jingle »

Thanks for that info. Used to live in your neck of the woods so interested in these results. Would still like hear about schools in my current area also (canterbury Herne bay) not sure where to find this out tho.
Whenever I read these I always feel really sad if there is only one poor little one who didn't pass in their class :(
mystery

what's the secret at Borough Green Primary School?

Post by mystery »

Oh that's a shame it looks like this list is Maidstone, Malling and the Weald according to the text. Did the messenger do this for other areas in other local editions of the messenger?

Interesting thing is the percentage of Year 6 passing, particularly on those schools where it looks like a really high percentage has passed - e.g. Borough Green Primary School where 33 out of 60 children passed. Interestingly they entered 50 out of 60 children. These stats are phenomenal.

Was it just good luck that in this particular year group at those schools that there were a high proportion of highly intelligent children (seems unlikely though in such large year group), or is it something to do with the area in which the school is located, or is it what is going on within the school itself?
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

The number of passes out of total pupils taking the test is probably the best way of comparing the schools. From a quick scan it would appear that Roseacre comes out highest at about 60%. From my knowledge of the area, I understand that is fairly typical, and in fact lower than some previous years. It is a very good school, but the catchment area certainly helps.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now