dates for 2007

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

need info

dates for 2007

Post by need info »

Hi there , does anyone know what the dates of the eleven plus exams are in 2007?
many thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I can't see a date on the website - it's usually the first and second weeks in October - you could try e-mailing:

admissions@buckscc.gov.uk

Post by Guest »

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/cabinet_paper ... 11_06c.pdf

page 15 is the proposed timeline. 5th and 11th October are earliest dates for test 1/test2

clear

Post by Guest »

couldn't understand.... we live in berkshire...going to sit for BUCKS...... would dates be same for maidenhead schools...... u think.........any suggestions please. thanks.

Anonymous wrote:http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/cabinet_paper ... 11_06c.pdf

page 15 is the proposed timeline. 5th and 11th October are earliest dates for test 1/test2
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I don't think that there is any grammar school in Maidenhead. The only 11+ areas in Berkshire are Slough and Reading.

Re: clear

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:we live in berkshire...going to sit for BUCKS
Good luck. But be aware that for most of the Bucks grammars, very few children get in from out of catchment - so have a good back up plan as well.

Post by Guest »

yeap you are right catherine. we haven't got any grammar school n maidenhed. desborough used to be grammar years ago but now is just comprehensive. desborough is still a good school but grammar is better for my little one. he is in year 5 and his teachers are expecting level 5 from him this year (may 2007) (only in maths and eng, of course). he hates sceince but hope he would be ok with it in may 2008. thanks for your help uptill now and will post more qs in future

Catherine wrote:I don't think that there is any grammar school in Maidenhead. The only 11+ areas in Berkshire are Slough and Reading.

Re: clear

Post by Guest »

hi guest thanks for your response could you or someone please make it more clear. yes we live in maidenhead and we are going to try for JOHN HAMPDON (did i spell it right) then WILLIAM BOARLASE/ROYAL GRAMMAR and third choice as DESBOROUGH. although i am confident he will be able to pass it straigth (121 or over) but you never know....... well as you said very few children get into from our area is it because of distance or is there any other points they consider. i wonder if he passes the test even then he will get place in the school of his first choice. one more thing i have not much information of schools in order of performance i tried to understand the table of results ect. but couldn't get it. just wonder what are other people's opinions about other schools in bucks i.e. ROYAL GRAMMAR have got good reputation. all advice is much appreciated.thanks in advance.

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:we live in berkshire...going to sit for BUCKS
Good luck. But be aware that for most of the Bucks grammars, very few children get in from out of catchment - so have a good back up plan as well.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Your child needs to get over the 121 and then not be too far from the school. You can see the allocation profiles on distance fro September 2006 on:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/i ... 1902924256

It depends how many people choose the school and live neare than you do - it's a bit pot luck from year to year.

The schools you name are very different! You need to go round them in the summer and see which one you feel will suit your child - the differences in performance are minimal and will change from year to year.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Last year, RGS and John Hampden were undersubscribed, but it could change this year. Check the new profile for the first round of allocation in March and later on for the final allocations.

The Royal Grammar has a very good reputation. Here's a link to a BBC article about the 'best of the best' schools, that lists RGS.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6173204.stm
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now