Tiffin Girls Entrance notification

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
alee

Tiffin Girls Entrance notification

Post by alee »

just wondering if anyone has received the notification. Still no news at my end. Anxious.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

http://www.kingston.gov.uk/secbook2010.pdf

According to the Kingston documentation...

Letters go out...Friday 27 November
Animis opibusque parati
alee

Post by alee »

Thanks so much.
Thea

Post by Thea »

Seems to be cutting it rather fine if the exam is on 8th. Are they deliberately trying to increase the stress on already sressed-out parents...?
Best Regards,
Thea
Shaftsbury1

Post by Shaftsbury1 »

Hello,
Has anyone else received their test details?

I was completely shocked yesterday to receive notification,as my post is still not back to normal.

Does anyone know how many shifts they have at tiffin boys? we have been told to come at 11.

Can anyone experienced give me any guidance as to the traffic situation?Also what percentage do you think of people taking the sutton trio (Sutton,Wally and Wilsons)are also taking tiffin?Or are they mostly from other areas?

I am starting to feel apprehensive now.DS is having still having problems with nvr,he has greatly improved but "overthinks" questions and ends up arguing over 2 possible answers,It is extremely frustrating as i know he can do it.And then every point matters!

Good luck everyone.I hope all our dcs shine on the day!

Shaftsbury
Rosette

Post by Rosette »

DS starts exam at 8.45am (to arrive between 8-8.30).

I would expect traffic to be horrendous but probably not so bad if you've got an 11 slot. I was surprised to see they've allocated a "late" room for all those who can't manage to get there on time!

We're not doing any of the Sutton ones, but then again we live locally to Tiffins. I suspect there's a large cohort doing the Sutton/Slough, etc.

Over 1400 applicants for Tiffin boys - is it similar for the girls school?
Rosette
Irene+

Post by Irene+ »

Hi

I spoke to a parent yesterday and was told that this year Tiffin NVR might have timed sections (according to his tutor)!

Panic?
:?
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Irene+ wrote:...was told that this year Tiffin NVR might have timed sections...
Anything is possible. If they know the format, maybe they know the questions. :wink:
Animis opibusque parati
richmond

Post by richmond »

DD1 is in early morning slot - to arrive between 8.15 and 8.30 for a 9.00 start. She has a pink registration form rather than the Blue one and will be sitting the exam in the Hall.
We will get the bus to Kingston and then probably walk to the school depending on timing. I would imagine the traffic will be pretty bad at that time.

Regards

Richmond
atestingtime

Post by atestingtime »

Interesting to hear how it is working out for this year - I feel your worry so well and yet its been a few years since my sons took the test. DS1 is on prefect duty at school on the day so will curious to hear it about it from his point of view!

Regarding parking and travelling to Kingston - it will be worse than Boxing Day Sales - totally manic. My advise would be to give yourself plenty of time and use one of the edge of town car parks. Use the walk in to wake up sleepy sons brains and give them a bit of exercise.

Don't panic when you see the lines at the entrance gates especially when you spot some who seem to be laden down with rucksacs of healthy brain food snacks and complete sets of mathematical equipment. DS2 had one blunt HB in a pocket and a Capri Sun in the other!

Next most important thing is to plan where you will spend the next few hours. I was in such a state of shock mixed with worry and relief that I was very grateful to the friend whisking me off to Borders and ordering a large latte with extra caramel shots and cream!
You have earned it!