Children in 3 different schools!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Just1-2go

Children in 3 different schools!!

Post by Just1-2go »

This is the first Christmas that I have had all three DC in different schools and I am fast losing track of which mufti day is which and where I have to take bottles and where cakes, and as for three carol concerts! :shock: :shock: :shock:

There must be others out there with the same dilemma, any hints for coping better? Sasco wall planner?
Marylou

Re: Children in 3 different schools!!

Post by Marylou »

Just1-2go wrote:This is the first Christmas that I have had all three DC in different schools and I am fast losing track of which mufti day is which and where I have to take bottles and where cakes, and as for three carol concerts! :shock: :shock: :shock:

There must be others out there with the same dilemma, any hints for coping better? Sasco wall planner?
I remember - just about - one wonderful Christmas term when we had children in secondary, junior, infants and nursery schools. Try a wall planner with a space for each member of the family. I'd be lost without mine! And remember to check it each morning - something I've been known to forget to do...with disastrous results. :shock:

Christmas end-of-term is always chaotic, but the wondrous faces, mulled wine and yummy mince pies makes it all worthwhile! :wink: )
Marylou
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

First thought is to suggest that you book yourself a lovely last minute holiday in the Seychelles, just for you of course, and leave your other half to worry about it! :twisted:

If that's not an option then with my three I work up in age. The 4 year olds nursery nativity is a must-go-to, the 12 years olds concert could be negotiated if it clashes, and the 15 year old doesn't want me to go anyway as I'm really embarrassing apparently as I wave at her !!!! *snigger*

Draw up a huge chart and also stick post it notes everywhere. They come in lovely flourescent colours that brighten up dark corners!
KB

Post by KB »

Also for the last couple of weeks of term -
each Sunday night make a chart for the week of what needs to be taken (stuff & children!) where & when & put it by the front door.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

inkypinkyponky wrote:the 15 year old doesn't want me to go anyway as I'm really embarrassing apparently as I wave at her !!!! *snigger*
I threatened to do that to ours if she dares to sing alternative words to the carols! :lol:
Marylou
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

:D :D :D :D

Hahaha- that should keep her alert!

Are there many alternative (rude?) words to carols? Or am I a naive innocent inky?!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

inkypinkyponky wrote::D :D :D :D

Hahaha- that should keep her alert!

Are there many alternative (rude?) words to carols? Or am I a naive innocent inky?!
Not that I know of (apart from the old chestnuts about shepherds and kings) and not actually rude, I suspect they were just trying to include references to classmates! :roll: Sadly I'll probably never know.
Marylou
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now