Viewing Kent papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bromley mum

Viewing Kent papers

Post by bromley mum »

I believe one can make an appointment to view the Kent test papers. Are we able to see the question papers as well as the answer sheets or only the answer sheets?
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I think this is for parents who are considering an appeal for a child who has already taken the test.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Tracy wrote:I think this is for parents who are considering an appeal for a child who has already taken the test.
I had rung the Council to ask if I could view the papers. the lady i spoke to did not ask me if I was thinking of appealing. She just asked for DC'name and my address. I forgot to ask if question papers will be available or not.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I think someone else from Kent will have to answer this. I can't understand how you can view a paper that your child hasn't yet sat.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I presumed that your child has already sat the test and you want to see her paper?

I have been going back through posts and have found this.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=12169

I would have imagined you would see the questions as well to make sense of the answer sheet.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. MY DC has sat the test. I am not appealing but am interested in seeing the paper. Obviously the answer sheet will only make sense if I can see the question paper too. I shall ring the Council and see what they have to say and post their reply here for future reference.
WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

I have an appointment to view my daughter’s paper tomorrow. Her school have suggested I do this as she unexpectedly dropped 11 points on her maths paper. I have no idea what to expect but I will report back afterwards.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

In order to view the papers you have to ring KCC. They then give you an appointment when you can go and view the papers (papers are in Maidstone). The question papers, your DC's answer sheets and the marking sheet with the correct answers are all there for you to see. You are allowed to make notes but not to copy down the questions. You can ask for a copy of the English writing excercise which you can take away with you. There are other parents there as well (about 5 at one time, i think). if you can not make it on the days they are giving out appointments you may be able to go another day where you will be able to see them with one of the officials from KCC there with you. The papers have the raw scores as well as the standardized scores.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

And we were allowed a photocopy of our sons writing task (if you can bear to read all the punctuation errors :shock: :lol: :lol: )
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

On the point of raw scores - has anyone else asked for theirs?
I emailed on 6th November but am still waiting for a reply. Maybe I should call them now the initial rush is over?