11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Soppy

The Mount v St Margarets v Northwood College

Post by Soppy »

Does anyone have any experience on any of the 3 girls schools below :-

The Mount (Mill Hill)
St Margarets (Bushey)
Northwood College (Northwood)

Are these schools in similar leagues in terms of academics ?

Does anyone know about anyone from any of these schools - would appreciate any view you have.
Soppy

Post by Soppy »

Any views gratefully received.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Soppy

can't be much help from the wilds of Yorkshire I'm afraid!! However I do remember people writing about St Margaret's in the past. impressed by the pastoral care etc. might be worth using the search engine on here to see if anymore comes up about the schools.

Good luck
JP

Post by JP »

Soppy, I can't add much execept the following:

- about 5 (from a class of 16) from my DD's School went to St Margarets (rest mainly went to Royal Masonic, Watford Grammar, St Helens). The parents I have spoken to since seem to be very happy with the school as do their children

- my DD's best friend at the Grammar School is from St Margarets and she enjoyed her time at the school and only left because she got a place at Watford Grammar. She is incredibly sensible and mature - a perfect best friend for my scatty DD

-my DD did the exams for Northwood College. They put a lot of effort into the interview process - usual exams and interview plus an online test plus a half day activity session. Despite all this effort she was not impressed.

- Sky Drapper goes to Northwood College - a probable future Olympic triathlete. This may not be an influencing factor for you but is of interest to me.

- St Margarets has a very good sports centre and swimming pool. The swimming pool at Northwood College is said to be very cold. Again these may not be influencing factors for you.
Soppy

Post by Soppy »

Not many responses received regarding these 3 schools........

Not sure if that's a good thing or not :(

Any views (good, bad or indifferent) gratefully accepted.
PP2D

Northwood Colege

Post by PP2D »

My post in another thread...
PP2D wrote:My DD is currently in year 6 at NC. She has been going there since year 2.
We like the school. Irrespective of whether it is academically pushy or not, we find that our DD has definitely a higher academic standard than some of our friends' children who go to the local schools.
In addition, my DD has developed interests in varied subjects; and I feel she is definitely well-rounded ( I would say that wouldn't I :D ).

Cannot comment about the other schools, but NC is definitely a good school.
--