How did it go today 12/12/2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KP

How did it go today 12/12/2009

Post by KP »

Can we have feedback on the exam today. My DS sat the NVR Redbridge exams today and he said the practice paper was difficult and the actual exams was overall ok. He did run out of time on two sections.
salaam

Redbridge NVR

Post by salaam »

Hi, he said it went well - the practice test was much harder though - he missed a question as he ran out of time but chose an answer randomly, rather than leaving it blank.

Now for the verbal! :)
dandy

How did it go today

Post by dandy »

I don't know why people are not responding to the above post many have replied to the Essex one. Anyway, from what I understand some people say that the exam was hard some say it was really easy whilst others say the practice paper was much harder than the real thing. Does anyone else have any info?
KP

Post by KP »

I totally agree with dandy as to why people are not wanting to share. The same thread in KEGS has had so many respones. I am sure once parents starts sharing it will ease lots of pressure and clear lots of assumptions.

Come on parents, if you happen to use this forum then please spend five minutes to post your thoughts and comments.

I recently got the Redbridge thread created on request. The forum Admin was so kind that the thread was created in couple of hours. I am really repenting why I did not make the request last year. Any way better late than never.

I am sure the new Redbride thread will help others. This is only possible if parents start contributing and sharing.
babes

Post by babes »

Hi all, my dd sat the exam on 12/12/09 at Coppice Primary and said the practice paper was harder then the actually exam. This means that the child will have to get a really high score.

she is glad this ones out of the way find VR easier.

Good Luck to all for the next exam
DA

Post by DA »

I find Redbridge Council to be very dis-organised., sorry to say. This is the worst organisation (of examination) I've ever been to. We were made to queue in the freezing weather for over 30mins to sign in our children. This could have been done in the school hall rather than making us queue outside in the cold weather. I fell ill afterwards. Our centre was Fairlop pry. In fact, I regret putting one of Redbridge Grammar Schools up on my choice of schools :(
It's difficult to comment on multi-choice paper as our DC may guess and think he's shaded the right answer.
If it was maths/english, it'd have been a lot easier to judge!!
That's my opinion.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi KP
KP wrote:I recently got the Redbridge thread created on request. The forum Admin was so kind that the thread was created in couple of hours. I am really repenting why I did not make the request last year. Any way better late than never.

I am sure the new Redbride thread will help others. This is only possible if parents start contributing and sharing.
I hope that the new section takes off for all Redbridge parents, but it does take time for a new section to be noticed by all members. If anyone spots a post on Essex that should be on this section, please PM any of the Mods who are online to get it moved.

I should mention that some sections for smaller 11+ areas have not taken off in the past, mainly because people were applying to schools in a larger area nearby and tended to post there as a "catch-all". Should Redbridge turn out to be Essex's little sister after all, we would merge the two areas again.

So, if you want to see a free and independent Redbrige section, get posting! :lol:

Good luck to all taking the tests.

Sally-Anne - Moderator
TP123

Post by TP123 »

I think the Essex-Redbridge section is a fantastic idea and was so excited to see it. We took off to the US after the NVR exam and so I was not able to post a reply sooner.

DS said the same as the others. Practice was hard and the real exam was better. However, it is difficult to know how well he did with NVR as not always accurate to predict. Fingers crossed and roll on to VR. Just glad that Nets/ Cubes did not come up!