Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Key dates-did you know?

Post by Guest »

I have just found the floowing info on the essex cc site,

All marked by the 8th Jan.
21st Feb, secondary schools have list of allocated pupils

So does this mean we can check on the 21st with the schools? Don't think that would go down very well as we're not supposed to know.

5. Timetable – September 2007 co-ordinated admission round

W/C 4 September 06 Secondary Education in Essex booklets, including the Common Application Form and notes of guidance, sent to all Year 6 pupils attending an Essex primary or independent school and as far as practicable to Essex pupils attending primary schools in other LAs. Booklet also placed on the Essex County Council web site. The on-line application process will be made available.
September/October/
November 06 Secondary school open days/evenings.
LA notifies schools at weekly intervals of all preferences expressed for the school.
16 October 06 LA writes to all parents who have not yet submitted an application form.
6 November 06 Closing date for all applications, including on-line. On-line application system closed after this date.
w/c 6 November 06 onwards LA panel convened to consider all late applications.
November 06 LA send/receive lists to/from following co-ordinating LAs.
22 November 06 LA sends final lists to all schools detailing applications received.
November/December 06 1. Admission authorities will apply their own admission criteria and rank the preferences received.
2. Selection test taken by all pupils that have indicated a preference for a selective school.
18 December 06 LA to receive list of preferences ranked in accordance with admissions criteria from admissions authorities within Essex.
8 January 07 LA to receive Order of Merit Lists from CSSE.
January 07 LA to process applications with reference to allocation lists and parental preference and establish an initial ‘best fit’ of offers.
January/February 07 Essex Planning and Admissions Service will exchange offer data with other LAs and refine ‘best fit’ in the light of changes.
12 February 07 Essex Planning and Admissions Service will meet with Southend Borough Council officers to resolve and finalise cross border issues.
21 February 07 LA to send final allocation lists to:
• All secondary schools in Essex
• CSSE
• Other LAs.
1st March 07 National offer date. LA will send offer/refusal letters for places at all schools to parents of all pupils living in Essex by first class post.
March-September 07 LA maintains waiting lists for all schools and fills any places that become available.

Will go back and copy link then post in a minute

not so in the dark now
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

ha ha how funny, i may get my husband to ring our first choice school on the 21st and ask if my daughter is on their list! (i couldn't do it myself, wouldn't have the nerve :oops: )

What a wonderful piece of information at last. Thank you Guest.

Good luck everyone x

Post by Guest »

I wish I knew someone who worked at our chosen schools as it is I'll just have to wait for the postie I too wouldn't have the nerve to call - crazy isn't it?

Post by Guest »

Knowing just anyone at one of your chosen schools would not help. The information is confidential - perhaps to about three or four members of the senior leadership team, and perhaps an admissions secretary.

Even when a staff member at the school has a child taking the exam, they still find out just like anyone else, on 1st March.

Feel better now? Probably not, but there you go.
guest29

Post by guest29 »

I know the person who deals with admissions at the school I hope my son will go to but wouldn't dare ask, I am sure it is more than her job is worth! Guess we will just have to hang on in there, have enjoyed reading all the postings, makes me realise I am not the only one with nothing on my mind but March 2nd!

Post by Guest »

So today is the day that the secondary schools receive the list - and we must wait another week or more, if the post hasn't arrived it's going to be hard picking up from school knowing they know,not sure if I could ask

Post by Guest »

I couldn't ask - but will be looking at the office staff very carefully

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I couldn't ask - but will be looking at the office staff very carefully
Have I misread this? If not, the office staff of your childs primary scholl will not know anything. It's the secondary scholls the children will be going to that will know.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now