Calderdale results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

optimistic!

Calderdale results

Post by optimistic! »

I've been told that the results usually come out around the 15th of January, not so long to wait then.
nervy

Post by nervy »

Hiya everyone

Last year the results arrived on January 22nd.

Haven't posted on here for a while although I have been lurking. Good luck to everyone waiting for results. Don't know which way it will go with my ds although he was quite happy when he came out and did manage to finish the papers. Just trying to forget about it now over the Christmas period but will be on tenterhooks once jan arrives!

Happy Christmas everyone!

Nervy
hopeful333

results

Post by hopeful333 »

Hi are these the results for entrance to NHGS and CHS by any chance? my child sat the test at CHS on the 6th of Dec I'm not to sure when we will be notified you see.
optimistic!

Re: results

Post by optimistic! »

hopeful333 wrote:Hi are these the results for entrance to NHGS and CHS by any chance? my child sat the test at CHS on the 6th of Dec I'm not to sure when we will be notified you see.
Yes, they are the ones. Good luck to your child, how did they find the tests?
hopeful333

Post by hopeful333 »

Hi he said it was easy, but I'm not too sure as he didn't finish the verbal reasoning questions and guessed the last few also the last few on the maths as he said he ran out of time. I'm not holding my hopes as revision was not 100% I thought the practise and exam experience would do him good, but part of me does want him to do well as he was quite pleased with himself when he came out. there's a lot of competition and you have to be really good and even though he feels it went well, I cant help thinking he hasn't had enough practise. Do you know how many children actually sit the test?
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

[quote="hopeful333"]Hi he said it was easy, but I'm not too sure as he didn't finish the verbal reasoning questions

A lot of children said that, only two that I know finished the verbal reasoning paper. Around 900 children took the test.
hopeful333

Post by hopeful333 »

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated just a few more questions hope you don't mind. Is that figure for both schools or just CHS? Do you know how many children took the test last year? How did your child find it?
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

hopeful333 wrote:Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated just a few more questions hope you don't mind. Is that figure for both schools or just CHS? Do you know how many children took the test last year? How did your child find it?
For both, I asked at NHGS and they had around 400 or so doing the test, one girl I know did the test and her surname is W.... and she was number 870 so I guess around 900.

It's usually between 800-1000 as far as I know.

As for my child, she finished both papers and said that the verbal reasoning was easier than the maths, the maths was harder than she expected.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hello Hopeful,

Last year the number sitting the exam was 870. If the figures are similar this year you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a place, so the odds are good.

Best of luck!
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

mitasol wrote:Hello Hopeful,

Last year the number sitting the exam was 870. If the figures are similar this year you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a place, so the odds are good.

Best of luck!
Especially if you are the 1 in 3! Fingers crossed.

I am trying not to be optimistic, I'd rather be pessimistic and really pleased than optimistic and disappointed!