GL Assessment/ NFER and Tiffin Girls test papers help?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Doblinski

GL Assessment/ NFER and Tiffin Girls test papers help?!

Post by Doblinski »

Please help am faced with too much choice. The GL Assessment site was recommended by Tiffin Girls' office and I've had a look but am not sure which books to get - see list below. Is it just the VR and Non VR or should we mix-it-up with some Variety packs (although there are two kinds of these 'Standard Variety' and 'Multiple choice')? Which are the best ones for Tiffin Girls please. The site has the following:

11+ Practice Papers: English; 11+ Practice Papers: Mathematics; 11+ Practice Papers: Non-Verbal Reasoning; 11+ Practice Papers: Variety Packs; 11+ Practice Papers: Verbal Reasoning:?
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

VR and NVR only
Animis opibusque parati
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

thanks sunlamp but which books especially, there're so many?
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Our DD has just sat for Tiffin Girls this year and we found the following books useful:

VR - Walsh(the most tricky)GL/Learning Lab/Bond (for technique practice and vocab but not multiple choice)

NVR- GL/Athey (these were the most tricky and we used in run-up to the test), Bond

We also used lots of the downloads from the site. I think the key is pracice as many different types as you can possibly find, bearing in mind there is far more on the market for VR than NVR. You also need to make sure your child is practising all the question types from VR and NVR which may come up - you will be able to find reference to these in the many other postings re the Tiffin tests on this site.

Hope this helps and good luck...we now wait until Mar 2 to find out and am finding it very difficult to think of anything else !!
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

Thanks mynameis - really useful advice. I don't suppose your name is related to the books you kindly recommend :lol: just kidding
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now