Hampton Boys

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SunlampVexesEel

Hampton Boys

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Any feedback on Hampton Boys test?

DS found the comprehension relatively incomprehensible.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
mad?

Post by mad? »

Overheard a group of boys at lunch yesterday who had just done the St benedicts exam saying (words to the effect of) 'the comprehension was much easier than Hampton.' I guess that's what you would expect but it struck me that they seemed a bit shell shocked by Hampton.
mad?
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

My son found it exactly the same - couldn't even really tell me what it was about! And another of his friends said exactly the same. Do you know when we should hear? I know in the past, they tend to send out the "reject" letters pretty quickly.
Rosette

Post by Rosette »

DS thought comprehension was easier than some of the ones he'd practised but was somewhat vague about it, which probably means he missed the whole point! English isn't his favourite subject.

He said there were 5 marks for handwriting. Sounds a lot. Hopefully he'll pick up some marks there!

Maths ok, didn't finish the reasoning paper - wasn't the reasoning paper supposed to be multiple choice? He said it wasn't.
Rosette
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Thisismadness wrote:Do you know when we should hear?
DS was given a piece of paper to take away with dates on it. I only found it by accident when it was left lying around; several rounds of interviews and offers are mid Feb.
Animis opibusque parati
doodlebug

Post by doodlebug »

DS sat Hampton on Monday. Not too sure how he did (said the reasoning was hard) but amazingly cqme back and recounted loads of it.

I got quite a few of the maths questions out of him too - they didn't seem hard at all (although he's spotted mistakes he made already!).

Wish they'd take memory into account!

Test content removed by a moderator.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now