Maths Help

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HABS

Maths Help

Post by HABS »

A donkey is tethered by a piece of rope to an upright post, P, in the middle of a large field. Name the mathematical shape of the patch of grass in which the donkey can graze.
heidi

Post by heidi »

er, circle?

The piece of rope enables donkey to walk round post equidistant measure within large field, therefore circular?
sj355

Re: Maths Help

Post by sj355 »

Yes circle. You are doing the HABS papers, aren't you?

INEX
HABS wrote:A donkey is tethered by a piece of rope to an upright post, P, in the middle of a large field. Name the mathematical shape of the patch of grass in which the donkey can graze.
sj355
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

That question was obviously logic and I tried not to think too deeply.

My daughter had to complete 2 vr papers for entrance to the only selective state school in Shropshire.

Is Habs an independent school?
sj355

Post by sj355 »

Is Habs an independent school?

Yes in Elstree. My son took the exams there in early January and was subsequently called for an interview. There is both a girls and a separate boys school on the same site.

Regards,
Xeni
sj355

Post by Guest »

Haberdashers Aske School for boys - it's in Hertfordshire,north of London.

My son did that paper, 2004 entry. When my second son did it as a past paper practise,son no. 1 said," I recognise that donkey!! Is he still going round and round?"

I can't believe I found this site and that there are so many people out there doing their best for the kids. I have just finished my two and all along thought that everyone does this on their own without input from their schools. I'm in london as well... where have I been?
sj355

Post by sj355 »

Are both of your boys in HABS? Are they happy there?

INEX
Anonymous wrote:Haberdashers Aske School for boys - it's in Hertfordshire,north of London.

My son did that paper, 2004 entry. When my second son did it as a past paper practise,son no. 1 said," I recognise that donkey!! Is he still going round and round?"

I can't believe I found this site and that there are so many people out there doing their best for the kids. I have just finished my two and all along thought that everyone does this on their own without input from their schools. I'm in london as well... where have I been?
sj355
HABS

Post by HABS »

Thank you all for your reply and what a great website.

Habs

Post by Guest »

sj355

No they are not at Habs. We liked the school but it is was very costly to send 2 children there. Their standards are high and we're sure the children would have liked it very much. They liked the setting..grounds and facilities and even exam days were very nice. If the school can make exam day enjoyable..they must be doing something right!

We only know 2 boys who attended Habs. One just finished there last year, was not a high flyer type of student and didn't find the school particularly supportive. 'They tend to look after the very bright boys' was his dejected comment.

The other boy is in Yr 9 and said he's happy there. I think it may have something to do with subject choices and university applications that may have disillusioned the first boy.
sj355

Re: Habs

Post by sj355 »

No they are not at Habs. We liked the school but it is was very costly to send 2 children there. Their standards are high and we're sure the children would have liked it very much. They liked the setting..grounds and facilities and even exam days were very nice. If the school can make exam day enjoyable..they must be doing something right!
I understand. I only have one child and still I sweat over it! My son also enjoyed the exam day tremendously, and yes the grounds are excellent. If however he gets through to QE we may have to send him there even though it is not our first best. Money is a big issue!
sj355
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now