School Closures

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gloucestermum

School Closures

Post by gloucestermum »

Details of school closures can be found here-

http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/closedschools/

A few already closed for tomorrow
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Message on Gloucestershire website-parents te expect schools to be closed tomorrow(Thursday)
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

.I
Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I agree Glos Mum-roads will be worse Thursday than they were today-they have just said on the radio that the Met Office expect this cold snap to continue for another 2 weeks!
alisonc

Post by alisonc »

What would happen if schools end up being closed for over a week? Would holidays be reduced to make up the time? A week is a long time in education. Any comments?
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Thought of school being closed for that long fills me with horror, yet tomorrow (and school is definitely shut) will be day 3. I can't believe the school holidays would be shortened to make up the teaching time, yet I agree a whole week of school missed is too much.

Unfortunately/fortunately for my children I have always harboured a secret desire to teach so lessons are continuing in my house. Good in a way because it gives me a chance to cover some of the things I'm not convinced school are doing in enough depth but on a practical level rather difficult as noisy and demanding 3 year old is suffering from cabin fever because nursery is also shut.

Is anyone else doing school work with their kids or am I just a mean old witch? :lol:
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Crypt are setting work for the boys - if they can actually log onto the school intranet....which my DS has been unable to do yet. Obviously a server problem.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Burneth-DS managed to log on but couldn't see any work that had been set?????
cairo

Post by cairo »

I'm not doing schoolwork with my kids. Mind you, they are spending their time doing Warhammer/Lego sets that they got for Christmas, so it's not exactly wasted time in my eyes.

Can't take the car out - too much snow where I live, so beginning to run out of food now. So will have to trek to the closest shop later today, cos there's no way I can survive long without a cup of tea! Can't say I think much of this "global warming"....
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

gloucestermum wrote:Burneth-DS managed to log on but couldn't see any work that had been set?????
We have now found the work...much to our DC's disgust (well done Gloucestermum)! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!