11+ Results on 2nd March - question on format

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dorset Parent

11+ Results on 2nd March - question on format

Post by Dorset Parent »

I am expecting both the 11+ results and a decision on a school place for my daughter on 2nd March.

Those of you who have been through this in previous years:- is the letter addressed to the parents or the child? I have booked the day off work on Friday 2nd March as I don't think I will be able to concentrate and the post doesn't come until 11.00am. However, if it is addressed to the child, I cannot open it!

Some of you will have already had your 11+ results. What format do they come in? Is it true that you only get the results if you have not passed or secured a place at the grammar school? Do you just get the score for your own child? Is it obvious how she has done compared with other people? I am concerned that if she has not done particularly well that she will be able to tell from the letter and feel bad about herself (which I don't want as I am proud that she did her best at the exam.)

Any advice would be appreciated.

D.P.
jah

Post by jah »

I am expecting offer to be addressed to me and my husband. All previous correspondence has been. Did you not get a letter confirming receipt of your application? The offer letter should be addressed in the same way.

I am going to pop home on the Friday afternoon before I collect my daughter to see if letter has arrived. I should think that I'd be a nervous wreck if I waited in all day!

Plus the letter might not turn up until Saturday, then you've used up a day's leave for no reason.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

All our results and offers for Bucks and Slough were addressed to the parents/careers.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Catherine
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Counties I have had experience in address the letter to the parents.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for that, all of you. At least I know who it will be addressed to and will feel justified in opening it! And yes, the confirmation slip was addressed to me, now I come to think of it!

Does anyone have any info on format of 11+ results? Do I just get my own daughter's results or is there also a "ranking" element, so that it is obvious how she has done compared to the other 100's of girls. This is really a mystery to me. I'm sure that when the scores come I will not understand them anyway (unless they come with guidance notes).
Dorset Parent

Post by Dorset Parent »

That last posting was me. I forgot to log in!
katel

Post by katel »

In Kent, the letters are addressed to the child. My kettle will be out!
jah

Post by jah »

With Year 10 daughter it was just the offer of a place. I phoned the KE foundation office to see if I could get an idea of how well she'd passed.

They said that they would give me the score if I wrote in, but that it was the schools preference for the girls not to be able to make comparisons when they started school. As it was , they all used to compare SATs results!!
Dorset Parent

Post by Dorset Parent »

Thanks Jah - looks like what I thought was correct - you only get the results if you haven't passed and/or been offered a place.

Can anyone whose child didn't pass tell me if you only get the results for your child or get a comparative score with other children as well?

Katel - I would do the same too!
bingbang

11+

Post by bingbang »

you recieve a letter with any state school you put on the 11+ letter and it will say which school you got into if a high school and you put a grammer school down the your daughter has not passed to get into that school. you can ring up and find out where she came to see how well she did but they dont actually tell you your daughters score.
good luck x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now