Whitgift and Trinity

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rainbowmum

Whitgift and Trinity

Post by Rainbowmum »

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between Whitgift and Trinity.

Also does anyone have a DS at Whitgift and how are they finding it?

Thanks

Rainbowmum
santamad

Whitgift vs Trinity

Post by santamad »

I have no experience of Trinity but my DS is year 7 at Whitgift.

Generally though very happy, well settled, good teaching and amazing extra curricular activity levels. Haven't heard of any boy being unhappy so far (just into second term!). Nice balance of discipline but encouraging free spirits is my opinion to date. All sorts of boys with differing interests and from different backgrounds.

PM me some specific questions if you like.
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Whitgift are academically stronger than Trinity; but not by much and another post highlights Trinity had better results than Whitgift last year. Trinity also seems a bit more laid back.

If any help my DS is in Yr6 at Trinity and he loves it - is involved in lots and finding the work really interesting and has made good friends already; good mix of state and prep boys.
showme

Post by showme »

ds is at whitgift (now in his 3rd year there) and loves it - he actively looks forward to going back to school at the end of the holidays!

There are some excellent teachers who really *know* him - his reports are always absolutely spot on - no cutting and pasting ....

Lots of extra-curricular stuff going on and he's now got a great group of friends from a really wide variety of backgrounds

He got offers at both Trinity and Whitgift, with a scholarship at Whitgift which meant the fees were the same so it made no difference to us = and he chose Whitgift
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now