Hampton School - have you had letter?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Thisismadness

Hampton School - have you had letter?

Post by Thisismadness »

Did anyone take Hampton School and if so, have you had your interview/rejection letter yet? DS took it 2 weeks ago and I know some people have had "yes" letters already...
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Hampton School - have you had letter?

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Thisismadness wrote:Did anyone take Hampton School and if so, have you had your interview/rejection letter yet? DS took it 2 weeks ago and I know some people have had "yes" letters already...
I'm surprised if there are Yes letters;
Scholarship interviews were last week and some more over the next two days. Once interviewed there is no further communication until Feb 18th which is the agreed Independent Schools offer day.
Further interviews take place over the next 2 weeks or so; plenty of time yet - the detailed timetime was given out in a pamplet to candidates on exam day.
Animis opibusque parati
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

Please accept I have no knowledge of Hampton School, but if some Dcs are invited back for scholarship interviews following an entrance examination (at any school), that would constitute a 'yes'letter' wouldn't it? Perhaps these may go out before the rest of the letters?
ElizaBennett

Post by ElizaBennett »

My son took the Hampton exam last year and we waited over 2 weeks for the letter inviting him to interview. His tutor told me that they send the invitations out by school, which seemed to be true in our case. He got a place too, as did all the boys invited for interview from our primary.
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

Sorry - when I said "yes letters" I meant interview letters! I'm aware that the pamphlet detailed when the interviews will take place (from tomorrow until 2nd Feb), but just wanted to know (from mums of anyone who took the exam) whether they had heard yet - that's all.
2boydad

Post by 2boydad »

Any news yet ?
meister

Post by meister »

My DS sadly received a rejection letter and no interview, so rejections are being sent out now. The letter states overwhelming numbers of applications, but that may just be standard language used.
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

We got a rejection letter yesterday too - ah well, I always thought it might be a bit too high achieving for my DS. Strange sense of relief now that I don't need to listen out for the postman (for a bit, at least!)...
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

Sorry to hear the news TIM, we'd all got our fingers crossed for your DC. :(
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Sorry to hear about your news TIM and Meister. :( What are your plans now for senior school?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now