Whitgift interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
LazyDaisy

Whitgift interview

Post by LazyDaisy »

Anyone else's ds had theirs yet? What did you think?

I don't think ds did particularly well. :(
Freya

Post by Freya »

Awwww why not?

It's always difficult getting accurate feedback from DC after such things. They forget so much of what was said and give out the impression that they basically sat there being vacant.

I didn't feel too great about DS's interviews but when we had offers the schools said he had impressed.

Good luck!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Ds thought he was fine with the head of Junior School (although it sounds like he was spouting quite a bit of gibberish in that highly confident way he does!! :wink: ) but dh said the interview was really quick.

Then dh and ds had to wait ages to see the headmaster and when they did see him he didn't ask them a single thing - just asked dh if he had any questions. :roll: My friend's ds was asked loads of questions by the headmaster so it just feels like he wasn't particularly interested in ds. :(
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

LazyDaisy

I'm sure you will be fine; when we had our interviews last year I remember thinking is that it!!! My DS hardly spoke and did not seem that interested in being there; therefore they turned their attention to me. I thought how can I say how great my DS is if he is sitting like he is watching Ben 10!!!

Fortunately he must have done something right as they offered him a scholarship, and that was without seeing the Headmaster.

Congrats to your DS on getting so far; well done :D
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Thanks Mummyto3 - it's so nice to hear from someone who been through it and come out the other side. :)

Was your ds interviewed with you there? I wonder if it is different this year then - ds was interviewed on his own then dh was "interviewed" on his own then they both went to the headmaster. What a pallaver!!!
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

We did the same as you; DS by himself, me by myself then the 2 of us. Was initially more concerned about how I came across!!

At Trinity DS was interviewed by himself; I met the Headmaster and that was us done!!

You are nearly there but I know you will still be on frazzelled (sp?) nerves until you get your offer letter :shock: I so was!!!!
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Thanks Mummyto3 - my poor nerves are in tatters. :oops:

I'm taking ds for his Trinity interview - another mum has told me that is a much more relaxed affair (thank goodness :) ). I just have to think of things to ask the headmaster now................ :idea:
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Trinity was a lot more relaxed.

Just remember to ask about the stuff that will interest your DS like clubs, sports teams, music etc.

I asked about how many boys were they expecting to offer places to; but you will find it's more like an informal chat about your DS. :D
nissi

Post by nissi »

OMG am even more worried now cos we only saw the deputy headmaster with the deputy headboy! Sounds like we've been clearly downgraded :)

We were interviewd separately and they wanted to know primarily why I thought whitgift would suit my DS.....He had apparently done particularly well on the maths paper.

DS got asked the difference between art and science and why he like his favourite book and several other questions which he is yet to reveal to me!

Just wish the whole biz was over....
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I would not worry at all about who interviews you. Maybe they spread the workload between two/three of the senior management.

As for your son telling you about it. Expect to still be in the dark two years later! (If my son is anything to go by). :lol:

All the best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now