Anyone confident?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Clueless

Anyone confident?

Post by Clueless »

There have been lots of postings on this forum about the level of difficulty of the HBS exam and the assumed brilliance of the applicants.
I am not confident at all that my daughter will get in. Is there anyone out there who is confident for their daughter? Can those who have daughters in the school say whether they thought their child had a chance?
What I am trying to say is that even though we all have negative feelings about our girls' chances, 93 still have to get in. I am losing sleep at night and am now trying to be more optimistic before I lose the plot completely.

By the way we loved the school and didn't experience any hostile behaviour directed towards us. Information and instructions given at the open day and by post were simple and clear. My daughter was one of over a thousand and thus treated as such. Perhaps those complaining about the school are not from the state sector.

Sleepless in North London

Sleepless in North London

Post by Guest »

You should read the posts more carefully. I don't think anyone complained about the open day or the letters from the school. If someone was rude or unhelpful to them they have a right to post and let other parents know.

What people have commented on is the lack of information about the exams and the chaos on the exam days, whether they presently attend independent schools or state, they still have a right to give their views.

You obviously have a problem with independent schools - if they expect a high level of service why shouldn't you?

Post by Guest »

I didn't say people complained about the open day or letters. But now that you mention it people did complain about the open day by saying they were only shown certain parts of the school and that the school had put on a show for the parents. All schools put on a show on open days.
No, I don't have a problem with independent schools. I was educated in private schools and used to teach in one. I am awaiting the results of our interview at an independent school.
HBS tries to ensure a level playing field.
I was very impressed with HBS and thought they did provide an excellent service.

Is anyone confident?

Post by Guest »

Well as you think the application process is so fair to applicants why are you worried? You have your private school anyway!
Nou

Post by Nou »

Post deleted

Post by Guest »

Poor old Clueless. I couln't see anything provacative about his post.
Listen, we're all tired and over excited. Lets all sit quietly for a while.
guest1

HBS

Post by guest1 »

Guest,

Been irate is not acceptable or professional - you say EVERYONE has the right to post their opinion; however your reply is somewhat rude, if you do not agree. An element of hypocrisy is showing it's ugly head.

Nou,

i like your response - your professional attitude really shines, even if you disagree.

Clueless,

I think what you felt after your encounter with HBS is correct - that's your point of view.
Nou

Post by Nou »

Thanks Guest1, I deleted my post before I saw your message. I don't think I should have responded. I know how Clueless feels, but I am more or less resigned to my daughter not getting in. Everyone is entititled to their opinion but not to hurt peoples' feelings.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Actually not confident about any of the schools. What we want is HBS. But if our daughter doesn't get in it'll be because she isn't bright enough or not bright enough on the day. Simple as that no excuses or blame.
guest1

HBS

Post by guest1 »

Nou,

I agree - hope I did not hurt your feelings - if I did I apologise.

Both,

Please stay possitive to the end.

I know that if it is Gods will then it will be done - if it is not his will then i believe there is something better out there for her.

All the best.