unsucessful appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tbag

unsucessful appeal

Post by tbag »

Just found out that appeal was unsucessful.Cut off mark was 227 DD got vr 102 and nvr111.Was she to far from the mark to be considered?Extenuating circumstances fantastic report from her headteacher predicted top 5 s across the board most already there in year 5.Won young engineers award at familiarisation day very advanced readerWhat more do they need?Would really appreciate any comments one really heart broken mum. :cry:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - sorry to hear your news - which area are you in?
doodles

Post by doodles »

tbag - really feel for you. All good wishes to you and your DD. What area are you in?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
tbag

Post by tbag »

doodles wrote:tbag - really feel for you. All good wishes to you and your DD. What area are you in?
north yorkshire
tbag

Post by tbag »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi - sorry to hear your news - which area are you in?
north yorkshire
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Tbag, I did wonder if that was the case as 227 is the Skipton pass mark this year.

It is very difficult with selection appeals, I was looking at the actual numbres of successful appeals each year and the numbers are very low. There can be up to 50 appeals and there are rarely more than 7 or 8 succesful appeals and the kids I know who have succesfully appealed have tended to have scores very close to the pass mark. ie one or two points below.

What options are you looking at re schools? depends I suppose which bit ot he patch you are in??? What did you put on your CAF
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

So sorry to hear your news Tbag.

Does Skippy do the 12+?????? Would you consider that if it was an option???
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I'm not sure re a formal 12+ but some kids do appear in year 8 ... I know of one who came from Upper Wharfedale, others from Bradford Grammar and Bingley Grammar... not surev how it is arranged
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

They may be more open to a few 12+ entries if the year 7 intake is so far under PAN :?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Nathair wrote:They may be more open to a few 12+ entries if the year 7 intake is so far under PAN :?
That's a point Nathair - my son's year at EGS was under PAN to start with (about 5 under) -this gradually filled and then by yr 9 there was a waiting list.- not sure how all this happens though :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now