Brentwood entry test.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gracienick

Brentwood entry test.

Post by Gracienick »

Not strictly 11+ but thought I would have more chance of an answer on the Essex forum than the independent one.

DD 1 took the test for year 7 entry to Brentwood last Saturday. The letter we were given said the results would be to us by 9th Feb but DD was told on Saturday that the results are posted Monday and we recieve them sometime this week.

Also it states that some children are asked for interview and these take place next week. I know some of the interviews are for scholarships but why else might a child be asked for an interview?

Anyone know when the results are due, why interviews are undertaken or have any experience from past years.

Thanks in advance!
KB

Post by KB »

Don't know specifically about Brentwood - hope someone else does:)

But from another local Indelendent, would guess it could be that those being called for interview will hear first then others after that & they gave you the later date so they don't get lots of enquiries from anxious parents if letters are a bit late going out.
I would think it would only be potential scholarship pupils who are called to interview at somewhere like Brentwood. Possibly if a child were boarderline on the test but I owuld guess that refernce from current school would carry more weight in those circumstances.

Hope you hear soon!
rosie

Post by rosie »

Potential scholarship children will receive a letter tomorrow asking them to come for an interview next week. This apparently applies to some borderline students who may have surprisingly underperformed; they are also asked to return next week.

On the 9th all formal offers as well as scholarship offers are posted out.

Hope this helps.
moved

Post by moved »

Two of my pupils only took the exam yesterday due to sporting commitments on Saturday. I cannot see that all the decisions can be made this quickly. I will try and make enquiries as to when last year's pupils heard about their places. This may take time at the moment due to a lack of telephone and internet at home.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now