Watford Grammar Boys and QE Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
katty55

Re: SW Herts consortium schools: frequently asked questions

Post by katty55 »

Watford Grammar Boys V QE Boys: any thoughts?
Polly

Post by Polly »

My son is in year 7 at WGSB.

He is very happy there and has settled in far more quickly and easily than I anticipated.

WGSB is partially selective and therefore not really a grammar school unlike QE which selects all pupils by ability. However, you have to live very close to the school to get a place if you don't qualify for a selective or sibling place.

There are a lot of of new homes being built in the area immediately around the school, so the catchment area is likely to contract.

GCSE results for WGSB are excellent, especially considering its all-ability status.
katty55

Post by katty55 »

Thank you Polly! We live in Pinner and my son had to sit the 11 plus exam for a place at WGSB. Still awaiting! Hope he will be offered a place there!
Kesi68

Post by Kesi68 »

Good luck to your son. We also live in Pinner, but didnt have much luck with herts consortium a few years ago. Went to appeal for Clement Danes, but no sucess. My son is now in year 9 at Nower Hill. He doesnt like the school for various reasons, but is doing really well there, getting top marks for tests, should manage to get at least 10 gcse's,so its not too disastrous!!

Daughter just sat herts tests so waiting to hear on 1st march
Hope all works out well for you!
katty55

Post by katty55 »

Thanks Kesi68! Good luck to your daughter too!