Appeal help

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber70

Appeal help

Post by Amber70 »

My daughter did not pass 11+(consortium score 105).My other daughter (8 months then ) was sick with flu in the week of 11+ exam. I have mentioned this in my appeal. My GP cant give letter as she said she can only provide letter if the candidate was sick and not the sister.
My daughter scored 123 VR and 109 NVR standardised in school tests in Jun 2009. winter term reports year 6 put her in 5c reading, 5c math and 4b writing. headteacher has given support letter. my quearies
can I give kumon silver award cirtificate as evidence of high acheivement in math?
School has provided sample of work done in class. Should I submit these as well?
Etienne

Re: Appeal help

Post by Etienne »

can I give kumon silver award cirtificate as evidence of high acheivement in math?
You should be able to show a certificate, but do you also have something from Kumon to explain what the standard is? The panel won't necessarily know.
School has provided sample of work done in class. Should I submit these as well?
I would have thought a panel ought to consider anything you wish to put forward, but practice varies from area to area. I suggest you offer the work, and see what they say.
Etienne
Tree

Post by Tree »

Hi I don't quite get your GP's comment surely she could write a factual letter confirming baby sister was sick if she saw her ??
Amber

Too many Ambers?

Post by Amber »

Gosh, are there another 68 Ambers out there I haven't noticed? :shock:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Quite possibly Amber!

There was a member who registered as SallyAnne (no hyphen) a couple of years ago, completely coincidentally.

It caused a bit of panic at the time - worries about confidential PMs going to someone other than me by mistake, people wondering if I had lost the plot and suddenly spawned a new son from nowhere - God forbid!

The new member very kindly agreed to an immediate change of user-name.

Back to the thread ...

Sally-Anne (with hyphen)
Amber

Post by Amber »

Well, I wouldn't like that Amber to think that this Amber would like her to change her name...though I think I might have posted my thoughts about Kumon maths somewhere else, which could have avid forum-followers scratching their heads over an apparent about-turn!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Amber wrote:Well, I wouldn't like that Amber to think that this Amber would like her to change her name...though I think I might have posted my thoughts about Kumon maths somewhere else, which could have avid forum-followers scratching their heads over an apparent about-turn!
There are many, many similar user names all over the Forum. The themes are remarkably similar: Desperate Mum, Panicking Mum, Confused.

Regular forum members are used to it, and I am sure that you will get used to it in time Amber.

Back to the thread ...

S-A
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now