VR test for HABS girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11+groupie

VR test for HABS girls

Post by 11+groupie »

DD wil be sitting the 11+ exam this year so I'm trying to get my head around what is needed. We are looking at HABS girls but wanted some info on the VR test. I've been searching the forum but I can't find info on question types.

Will 21 suffice or do we need to cover more? :?:

Cheers in advance :D
Daogroupie

From one groupie to another

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello new groupie, keeping your options open then! My dd has sat eight VR tests since November incluiding HABS girls. Only once has she said that there were new types she had not done before and that was DAO right at the start. So if you use the standard papers you should be fine. My younger dd will also do Habs girls this time next year and we will use all the same papers in preparing.
sherry_d

Re: From one groupie to another

Post by sherry_d »

Daogroupie wrote: So if you use the standard papers you should be fine.
By these do you mean the 11plus papers? Some schools I am interested in do the VR and NVR for their entrance test too so am just keen to know if the standard 11plus papers will be OK. Also were the questions in multiple choice format? DD is doing 11plus too in Kent but these are multiple choice and wondering if we may need to get some papers which arent multiple choice
Daogroupie

MC and Standard

Post by Daogroupie »

We did three schools that did VR and NVR, some were standard some were mc so I would adivse that you practice with both. We also did an online VR and NVR test which I forgot to include in our list. My dd hated it but seems to have well enough in it as she got to interview at that school. IPS have some great dual format papers.
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

All good advice. Would just add that where there are mixed format VR or NVR there are simply likely to be many more questions to answer in the time available. Two years ago in Warwickshire the format was changed and many were caught out. They were phased by the number of questions (although the pre test paper sent out two weeks before suggested the mixed format) and some were really upset by this.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now