Bucks unsuccessful appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ohmum!

Bucks unsuccessful appeal

Post by ohmum! »

Our appeal was unsuccessful. Probably not surprised given the grilling we got by the panel. With scores of 114 and 117, the score of 114 seemed to be the focus.

I am a Governor at our DS's school. I now resent the hundreds of hours I have worked tirelessly in the school, which would have more productively been spent helping my own son. Now want to resign.

OhMum!
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

So sorry to hear your news, I really hope that things turn out well for you. With a supportive mum like you, I'm sure your son will do well where ever he goes.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
6468j

Post by 6468j »

Dear Ohmum,

I'm really sorry to hear your news, we had the same news a couple of weeks ago. The whole system is a complete nightmare especially with children like ours that get those 117 marks. I'm dreading 1st march as my DD does not under any circumstances want to go to our catchment school. I feel yet another appeal fast approaching and it will be my third, and probably another let down.

6468j
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

So sorry you got bad news.

Do you a good second choice??
ohmum!

Post by ohmum! »

Ours is the only appeal from the school that was unsuccessful, even though it was strongly supported, so DS will be gutted.

We have a good second choice school but it is oversubscribed and we are 7 miles out of catchment. The catchment school didn't even make it to our list... As you say, another appeal looming!

DS will now be feeling the pressure to achieve the L5 SATS. Regardless of good predictions from the school it isn't always that easy. My DD who passed the 11+ easily didn't achieve the L5 English... But she is now in the top set for everything at her GS. SATS aren't a foregone conclusion! If he wants to go for 12+ he is going to need those L5s. More pressure for a 10 year old who won't be 11 until July...

OhMum!
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

'ohmum' ... I'm really sorry to hear of your disappointing news, my heart goes out to you and your DS x x x
Heartmum x x x
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Sorry to hear your news. I got my letter yesterday. Told DS who was brave. I hope you find a solution you are happy with :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now