Silly question?!?!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nif229

Silly question?!?!

Post by nif229 »

As my DH and I were leaving the appeal meeting with our DS's headteacher, he turned to my DH and said, "Oh by the way Mr. F, I think it would be wise for you to have a shave and put on a suit when you go to ******'s appeal hearing. You need to look very well turned out!!" We honestly didn't know whether to laugh or not. What a strange thing to say?!?!? Anyway, what should be worn to an appeal hearing? He's now made us worry!!!

Any advice would be gratefully received - I need to know whether or not to order my Jimmy Choo's!!!

Have a great weekend :lol:

Nif229
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Flip - what an odd thing to say!!!!

I was at parents evening last week and most people were very very casually dressed - can't imagine they would do the same for an appeal though... only because most people try and project an image and ultimately feel more confident when they are more smartly dressed -
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Bizarre comment to make - maybe it was his way of being 'helpful'??

As for what to wear - I would imagine that it makes sense to be on the smart side, rather than looking scruffy, as I would imagine that scruffy might project the impression that the parents don't care. However, I would also imagine that it's important to feel comfortable - so appeal day may not be the best day to resurrect some uncomfortable, toe-pinching stilettos for example.

I'm sure that more knowledgeable people than I will have all sorts of sensible advice to offer.

All the very best.
nif229

Post by nif229 »

How funny!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
youngest

Post by youngest »

I hardly dare ask what your DH was wearing that didn't meet the Head's approval.
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Hehehe! Actually, jeans, shirt and extremely hairy face!!!

Maybe appeal panels like the look of cleanly shaven men!!

:o
youngest

Post by youngest »

nif229 wrote:Hehehe! Actually, jeans, shirt and extremely hairy face!!!

Maybe they do.

You however should congratulate yourself that you didn't warrant a comment from the Head and can wear exactly the same outfit as you were wearing - so no excuse for some new Jimmy Choo's there then :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

nif229 wrote:Hehehe! Actually, jeans, shirt and extremely hairy face!!!

or perhaps the head does!!!!!!

I'm probably not the best to ask as I end up seeing people at work in all sorts of clothes (or not) / fashions / jammies / socks - given up thinking about what any of it means.. though how we perceive people is subconscious - the old "people with bad shoulders often have simple to manage hairstyles....." can't do it the other way round as those with simple hairstyles are too busy chasing after their kids to have anything too complicated...! :wink:
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Our DS's HT is a HM!!!! My DH and and I are now laughing as.........if only you knew!!!!

We're now wondering what you do for a living Herman?! :wink:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

:lol: :lol: :lol: reckon you may look at the HM in a different light!!!

I'm a GP.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now