offer day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
eve

offer day

Post by eve »

Feel the need to stop dwelling on the last few waiting days and now focus on planning a treat for all the hardwork regardless of the outcome, hope you can all inspire me.

Post by Guest »

We've had our treat. A lovely weekend away. It was my daughter's choice and she chose an adventure weekend. We had the reward before the results to acknowledge all her hard work. There will be no reward if she does get into the grammar school - just lots of congratulations and proud, relieved parents. We did the same for her older sister and with two more children to go through all of this we have found this system suits us.

Post by Guest »

We did the same. Shortly after my son sat the exam we had a wonderful day in London. We wanted to reward, in some way all the hard work and effort he'd put in leading up to the exam, regardless if whether he'd passed or not.
When we received his results we simply treated him to Pizza and lots of soggy hugs! (and the comical sight of his mum dancing like a loon around the kitchen, with tears flowing - you get the picture.)

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:We did the same. Shortly after my son sat the exam we had a wonderful day in London. We wanted to reward, in some way all the hard work and effort he'd put in leading up to the exam, regardless if whether he'd passed or not.
When we received his results we simply treated him to Pizza and lots of soggy hugs! (and the comical sight of his mum dancing like a loon around the kitchen, with tears flowing - you get the picture.)

We did the same. In fact we collected her from the exam, got on a train to London and took her to see Mary Poppins then stayed overnight in a London hotel - good fun! When she got her results, we took her and her brother to an early dinner - nothing expensive but it was nice. Good luck to everyone!
Bo Peep

Treats

Post by Bo Peep »

I agree eve, time to focus on treats, I'm planning on a spa, a trip to the hairdressers, a new outfit, a good best seller, a meal in an Itallian restaurant and an evening at the theatre....might be overboard but I think a treat isn't really a treat unless you go overboard.......

OOOOHhh you mean a treat for our children...... :wink:
marie

offer day

Post by marie »

I have decided to move on from 'waithing and waiting' ...which has sustained me for may moons. As the weekend beckons I am moving in to planning the 'results etiquette.' Currently developing several scenarios which clearly have no base in reality, as fedback on the 25th Nov "it was ok" doesn't really give a strong steer.

Have been looking at famous quotations to inspire ( dead Greeks, Romans and Chinese seem to have cornered the market) and feel this best suits the mood..

"If things do not turn out as we wish, we should wish for them as they turn out.." (Aristotle)

Hm!...I'll think on that one. Marie
instress

Post by instress »

Can't stop humming

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

ARRRGGGGGGHHHH!! this is awful...
Karen

Post by Karen »

My son is taking his mind off the impending result by going round the house constantly singing (please feel free to join in):

Daisy, Daisy
Give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy
All for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet,
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle made for two.

I kid you not. :lol:

Best wishes to all.
K