Arts Award

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2outof3

Arts Award

Post by 2outof3 »

Does anyone have any views on the usefulness or otherwise of an Arts Award (bronze, silver or gold).

DD1s school has suggested pupils do this in conjunction with KS4 studies and the school runs lunchtime sessions for this purpose.

As expected DD1 has dismissed the idea as just being more work for no good reason :roll:

I've not really come across it before now so have no idea whether it would be worth her while. From what I've read, it doesn't seem that much effort to get at least the bronze award (particularly as she plays instruments and dances at grade 5 standard already). It might also be fun? :?

Any advice gratefully accepted (though I imagine if she has already made up her mind there is no point in me pursuing it particularly.........)
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

I don't know anything about Arts award, but I can't help thinking that anything that you can put on a University application that proves your skill and commitment to something (particulary something recognised, as in this case) may make you stand out above the competition. (does that make sense?)

However I also am of the opinion that it is pointless and often very conter- productive pushing the DCs into anything they don't want to do! Disputes are frequent enough at this age as it is!