Practice papers for West Kent 11plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guestg

Practice papers for West Kent 11plus

Post by Guestg »

Would be grateful if anyone could clarify the papers my daughter needs for 11plus in West kent area i.e., Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells. I think I need NFER MULTIPLE CHOICE, does this apply to all of the papers or just VR or NVR, any suggestions most welcome. She will sit paper next year, but would like to get hold of practice papers now.

Many thanks
Peter

Post by Peter »

There is now a single 11 plus exam across Kent (except for additional papers taken for the Dover grammar schools). Medway is different.

It comprises NFER: VR, NVR, and maths, together with an English assessment used only for Headteacher appeals.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

I'm in West Kent and was informed that the english assessment is used not only in appeal but as a tie-breaker for those with scores around the cutt-of point. Otherwise it's left unread.

Post by Guest »

Sorry Kentmum1, but my previous answer is correct. There is no such thing as a tie breaker in the Kent process.

The writing task is solely used if there is a headteacher appeal. Otherwise, as you say, it is unread.

you wil find this confirmed on page 14 of the Kent prospectus.

Post by Guest »

Sorry, you mention on Page 14 of the Kent prospectus. Which prospectus is this and where do I get a copy? I only have the KCC admissions booklet to secondary schools for 2007 and there is nothing on page 14 regarding this.
guestg

Post by guestg »

Many thanks for replies, but can anyone confirm if I need NFER Multiple choice papers for Kent? Thank you in advance

Post by Guest »

Guestg
Yes you do. NVR, VR and maths.
Kentmum1

Post by Kentmum1 »

Sorry but I'm totally correct - for TW Boys Grammar that is! Not only did their deputy head inform us, on the open evening (that I went to two years running), that the essay is used as a tie breaker on borderline scores but so did the Headteacher at our primary at our secondary schools transfer meeting. Can't both be wrong!
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

If youi look at the 11+ regions section on this website, under Kent, it explains the papers in detail. It also explains that the essay can be the difference between a pass and a fail - ie borderline cases, and I know that this decision is made before schools get results. Of course, it can be used as appeal material too but I have definitely been told, regardless of what it says on paper in the Kent Prospectus, that it is the "decider" on a borderline paper. Makes sense doesn't it, after all quite a lot of effort still goes into it.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

If youi look at the 11+ regions section on this website, under Kent, it explains the papers in detail. It also explains that the essay can be the difference between a pass and a fail - ie borderline cases, and I know that this decision is made before schools get results. Of course, it can be used as appeal material too but I have definitely been told, regardless of what it says on paper in the Kent Prospectus, that it is the "decider" on a borderline paper. Makes sense doesn't it, after all quite a lot of effort still goes into it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now